FORUMS

Any plans to make a map where fighting take place in a nebula?

Posted: //
March 4, 2015, 6:11 p.m.

It looked awesome in Freespace 2. And just imagine what players will feel when a dreadnought suddenly appears out of nowhere in front of them :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_XmWqH74io

March 4, 2015, 6:14 p.m.

great idea, in warthunder hiding in the clouds/fog can be very effective and gain you an advantage, in the same way maps at night would be interesting as well, but i guess we'll get dark maps with the space ones ;D

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 4, 2015, 6:18 p.m.

That sounds awesome =D

But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

March 5, 2015, 6:54 a.m.

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-129)

great idea, in warthunder hiding in the clouds/fog can be very effective and gain you an advantage, in the same way maps at night would be interesting as well, but i guess we'll get dark maps with the space ones ;D

Maybe adding the disadvantage that stay too much in a nebula would slowly sap you energy bar?

March 5, 2015, 9:12 a.m.

that's actually a good idea to keep it balanced

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 5, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

I like this idea

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

March 5, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-173)

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-129)

Maybe adding the disadvantage that stay too much in a nebula would slowly sap you energy bar?

Lol, sounds like that Stargate SG-1 Episode, where they got chased and eventually got stuck in a nebula.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 5, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

I like the idea. But with the nebulas are in patches to go in and out of.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 12, 2015, 9:52 p.m.

Perhaps gasses with differing properties. Shooting a patch of hydrogen in space wouldn't cause an explosion a la the red barrel trope but perhaps starts a small star fusion which creates a gravity well for a short period of time affecting movement. Or dense patches of methane which limit the efficacy of ballistic weapons passing through them. It would give more options for varied weapon selection to weigh the pro's and cons of the environment.

March 14, 2015, 3:39 p.m.

Liking this idea a lot. Massive immersion and some great gameplay variation.

Exitus acta probat.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.