FORUMS

Defense and bigger scale matches

Posted: //
March 4, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

so i generally like the horde/survival modes in games, so why not make it happen for dreadnought as well....
have a normal team of 5 defend one or several objectives from waves of AI enemies that get harder each time, maybe the last wave can have a boss-ship bigger than the dreadnoughts :D

this might also work with pvp, having an enemy team trying to take down several objectives, there'd have to be certain advantages/disadvantages to being on the offense/defense
(there is allready a thread covering something like this right here )

allthough i thoroughly enjoy the 5v5 arena concept, sometimes it feels like i need a bigger scale match, it gives you more tactical options and variations (also more pewpew)...
of coures you'd need to put in regulations on how many ships of one class can be used by a team at a time

these are just my rough ideas, discuss, critisize

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 4, 2015, 11:35 p.m.

I would definably be all in favor of larger maps/battles. The options given to a team when your talking 5+ players just opens the door for more unique strategies. In a five player team game, the ability to use fairly basic stratagems are limited; your opponents will easily be able to react to missing ships, obvious baiting, zoning for objective control, etc.

If your talking about having more than just five ships to keep track of though, and with maps large enough to leave a lot of space to keep an eye on, the ways that a competent team can utilize fleet combat, I would argue, makes for a wickedly fun time. You'd need to watch out not only for local operations, but a theater wide strategy. Feints, counterattacks, flanking, and ambushes become more feasible when the number of players on the team increase

One of the major issues that I can for see popping up is if the game is even built for something like this, which from what I've seen it isn't, or at least not yet. Another foreseeable issue is with matchmaking games, it can be difficult to foster large scale cooperation, with peoples natural inclination to being distrustful of their allies when its time to roll the dice.

Over all, I'm amped to play the game in general, so whatever the team gives us to play with I'd be content with. The smaller scale, Team Fortress 2 game style is both very popular and widely accepted by the general gaming community. If they do decide to move the game to a larger, more tactical game, they already have my vote of confidence.

Kneel, or be knelt

March 5, 2015, 6:59 a.m.

Reverand#2178 posted (#post-158)

If your talking about having more than just five ships to keep track of though, and with maps large enough to leave a lot of space to keep an eye on, the ways that a competent team can utilize fleet combat, I would argue, makes for a wickedly fun time. You'd need to watch out not only for local operations, but a theater wide strategy. Feints, counterattacks, flanking, and ambushes become more feasible when the number of players on the team increase

One of the major issues that I can for see popping up is if the game is even built for something like this, which from what I've seen it isn't, or at least not yet. Another foreseeable issue is with matchmaking games, it can be difficult to foster large scale cooperation, with peoples natural inclination to being distrustful of their allies when its time to roll the dice.

I understand and share, to a certain degree, what jownsy is asking but, imho, Reverand pointed out some good points.

March 5, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

very valid points, i also don't really think that the game is built/able to support larger teams and maps, but one can dream ;D
i guess the possible strategies also depend on what the different loadouts give you in performance of your ship, guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer, but it's good to allready have these kind of discussions

March 5, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

only time will tell what modes they are capable of

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

March 5, 2015, 11:19 a.m.

I feel like a kid staring at the Christmas tree, at about 3 am Christmas day, just waiting for the parents to show signs of life.

Kneel, or be knelt

March 5, 2015, 4:37 p.m.

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-179)

very valid points, i also don't really think that the game is built/able to support larger teams and maps, but one can dream ;D

Oh yes sir! I think everybody here has dream as much as you =D

March 6, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

I would not say no to a basic PVE mode that is just shooting down AI wave's.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

March 9, 2015, 10:43 a.m.

so many possibilities :D

March 9, 2015, 11:22 a.m.

I suppose that when we will be able to get our hands on this game, we'll gain more knowledge and input to develop our ideas according to the game mechanics.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.