FORUMS

Smarter Nuke Launches

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 6:06 p.m.

For the love of god, can my destroyer stop popping nukes only out the left side? Constantly it catches on terrain, partly because they only launch out the left side, regardless of where threats are.

It's absurd.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 1, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Is that perhaps where you nuke silo is attached to the ship? And perhaps... this may be a stretch I know... you should consider the location of your nuke silo when launching? I dunno...

May 1, 2016, 6:45 p.m.

I remember this being an issue during alpha as well

The nuke silos (plural) are mounted one on each side of the ship... but only the left side ever fires, even if it would be very obviously more practical to load the nuke into the matching silo on the opposite side instead.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 1, 2016, 8:49 p.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

-1 to Coleman for awareness.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 1, 2016, 9:01 p.m.

Gotta love having them fire DOWNWARD as well as to the left.... because there's definitely not ground below us on most maps.... And yet missiles, which could easily fire from the sides without a problem, are the ones put on top of the ship smile

May 1, 2016, 11:10 p.m.

It should just fire upward.

May 1, 2016, 11:49 p.m.

Well gents it is a TORPEDO not a missile, so for a TORPEDO to fire up wouldn't really make sense because historically they were either fired from tubes or just rolled off the sides, not to mention it is a rather close ranged weapon so I believe they made it deploy like that so it could mainly be used as a "Hit and Run" device. I Find torps to be effective when used in conjunction with a jump drive or an ability reboot.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 11:50 p.m.

Skyfaller#2917 posted (#post-28220)

It should just fire upward.

Agreed

May 2, 2016, midnight

I see no harm in making the launchers smarter, i hardly see people using them anyway so a small buff like wouldn't hurt.

May 2, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

Prometheus25#5985 posted (#post-28173)

-1 to Coleman for awareness.

Sweet, who is running the master upvote/downvote spreadsheet for the forum?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.