FORUMS

New ship unlock requirements are toxic for the game

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 9:53 p.m.

Am i the only one who thinks that they have pushed new rank unlock requirements for ships way too high? I can understand the reasoning behind locking modules, since most of them are alternatives and you get plenty of choices and playstyles anyway. But locking the hulls is a critical game changer, as what hull you have directly dictates how you play, and in my opinion, making requirements as high as rank 25 was a disasterous change.

People who love slow bulky mountains like heavy dreadnought are forced to play as mobile and ligh default one. People who love ramming are forced to never touch the ram untill they unlock the light destroyer. People who spent their lives healing and love supporting their team, are forced to go hybrid heal/damage build with default tac cruiser, mastering in none of those aspects.

People are different. Not everyone plays the same way. In my opinion, by locking ship hulls, you basically tell people to adapt to one exact single playstyle untill they spend many, if not dozens of hours playing to reach rank 25. That does nothing but making people suffer and feel miserable, if they dont end up fitting in default ships AT ALL. So you end up with hundreds/thousands of players who do poorly/badly, just because they were forced to play in ships that they are not good at. Either remove rank restrictions(people still have to buy those, and price was HIGH during alpha), or push them back to rank 10-15

TL;DR: Unlock ranks for ships are too high, forces people to one specific playstyle without a choice. Toxic and miserable to play while gaining ranks if you dont fit into that playstyle. Lower them from 25 to 10-15

May 1, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

What are you talking about? There are level 1 versions of each ship class...

"I cried when I was born and every day shows why."

May 1, 2016, 10:17 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 10:20 p.m.

Teran#8674 posted (#post-28197)

What are you talking about? There are level 1 versions of each ship class...

You DO realize that there are 3 ships per class, right?... That play VERY differently from each other, like i explained in the post.

May 1, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

agree with OP - locking the kochei (the only healer worth a CENSORED), behind a level wall is 100% bad for the game.

Put the Cattero or the Aion there.

May 1, 2016, 10:25 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 10:25 p.m.

I like it where its at right now. The progression is nice, and for better or worse since the game is going to be F2P there is probably going to be a subscription/cash shop model that makes progression quicker.

May 1, 2016, 11:04 p.m.

I get where the OP is coming from, but i also see where the devs are coming from as well. But it gives you something to work twards rather than handing every hull to you on a silver platter. It took me 2 days of play to get to 15 and it looks like it might take me another 2-3 days to get to 25. Compared to other games where it takes nearly a month to get to mid range this is a god send and it gives players to explore other options rather than being stuck in a rut. I love my Aion to death but playing the heavy destroyer gave me an opportunity to work on a better fit for my Aion.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 2, 2016, 12:41 a.m.

Agree'ing with the OP on this one, makes no sense currently, not really sure why tiers are locked at all, frankly. they arn't upgrades.

May 2, 2016, 12:58 a.m.

I will concede the point that its alright that upgrades are locked behind a progression wall (at least tell i have had more time to think about it) but locking ships is just silly. At least give us a trader ship for every ship in the game, not just one of each class. Also just some food for thought if you really want to stretch the meaning of Pay to Win you could argue that Hero ships are P2W considering they give new players more options for ships then a F2P user.

May 2, 2016, 12:59 a.m.

As long as all the ships are balanced, then it doesn't matter.

If they allow different styles of play with the class and all the ships are within technical balance. There's no reason to not have progressive unlocks.

This is what Black Op3/CoD does, and it works just fine.

LMGDiVa [FranBunnyFXII]
~Who doesn't love 200 rounds of 5.56 Ball with Tracers?~

May 2, 2016, 1:48 a.m.

You are supposed to master different play-styles though. It's a team game and it has roles, roles you need to understand and fill in order to counter the enemy.

Have everyone just sit in his favorite ship and welcome never-ending trench warfare.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.