FORUMS

More user feedback when getting hit please!

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

Hi! I just started playing and enjoying myself, but one thing is REALLY hurting my situational awareness when fighting.

I seem to be getting no clear feedback when I'm getting hit. So many times I will look at my health bar and realize it's 80% gone, but had NO IDEA I was even getting shot at!

Of course you could say I'm a n00b etc. but I really think at least having the OPTION of getting even a light a screen shake (if there is one it's probably a bit too subtle since I have not noticed!) or slight chromatic aberration of the HUD or something similar would help tremendously!

Thank you!

May 1, 2016, 11:42 p.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 1:04 a.m.

Not to be the "git good" guy but your hit point are 2 inches away from your crosshair, its not that hard to keep a eye on it. If you are loosing your hitpoints that fast you probably overextended or you have a corvette that has taken a liking to you. One tip i do have is that shields are your friend, once you start to get focused make sure to turn your shields on, using energy for damage doesn't help you when you're dead.

May 1, 2016, 11:46 p.m.

I agree with the OP... some kid of audio feedback like a little "tink tink tink" when getting hit would really be helpful. I've died several times now where my assailant was not only in front of me but across the map... you'd think I could have seen the shells inbound, but lacking that it would be nice to have a small reminder that I should probably duck.

May 1, 2016, 11:48 p.m.

Agreed with OP - need 'getting hit' sounds .. and they need to be SUPER high priority, especially if its alot of damage really fast (READ: CORVETTES)

May 2, 2016, 12:39 a.m.

I also agree with the OP. It seems really strange that there isn't at least some kind of noise associated with getting your posterior blown off (2 of the 3 maps aren't in space, so no Vacuum = No Sound argument pls).
They don't need to be LOUD like a broadside, just some kind of noise indicator; NO SCREEN-SHAKE for pity's sake!

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

May 2, 2016, 1:11 a.m.

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-28233)

Agreed with OP - need 'getting hit' sounds .. and they need to be SUPER high priority, especially if its alot of damage really fast (READ: CORVETTES)

The thing is that could be argued to be a nerf to corvettes and maybe the Devs don't want that. Anything that augments your situational awareness is indirectly (or maybe directly?) a nerf to anything that requires the element of surprise to be effective.

May 2, 2016, 4:45 a.m.

There are some Corvette weapons that literally don't play the sound until they're MUCH closer than they need to be to open fire, and seem to also not have impact sounds when they hit you.

You do get direction indicators for damage, but it does need better audio feedback.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 2, 2016, 10:53 a.m.

Glad to hear I'm not alone! smile

I really do think that getting audio feedback (or have the screen turn red) when taking a hit isn't providing excessive situational awareness, it's a well-established and reasonable mechanic.

e.g. first-person shooters have the character grunt and often have the screen turn red on getting hit.

I get that there is a meter right next to the crosshair, but oftentimes your visual focus is somewhere else and audio feedback/subtle screen flash is a great "parallel channel" to communicate to the player.

May 2, 2016, 11:16 p.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 11:53 p.m.

I agree, right now there is 0 feed back, death is sudden and it never feels like I'm getting hit or about to go up in flames.

This needs to be addressed and fun factor/realism will go up a 120%

May 3, 2016, 12:56 a.m.

usually the lound BRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! is a good indication a corvette is shooting near you..

Auto-AIM.. Holding your mommies hand one target at a time..

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.