FORUMS

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 11:45 p.m.

Combat is still very fast paced when it comes to battles between cap ships. This can be the result of weapons doing too high damage or ships not having enough armor or defensive abilities (like the shield).

I would prefer a game that has longer shooting matches between big ships rather than quickly-over fragfests.

I would suggest that changes be made to the way ships fire their weapons. Primary weapons should be slow refire rate, high damage, short range weapons. Secondaries should be long range, very low damage and very high refire rate. This means the primary weapons have low ammo while secondaries have large amounts of ammo.

Armor could be increased.. the Armor on the heavy dreadnought should be the armor of the medium destroyer to give an idea of what I'm thinking..

This would then make most battles begin at longer distances with lead barrages rather than the current meta of rushing to point blank fights. It would make battles last longer (increased armor, lower overall dps on ships unless really close) which enables players to use more ship abilities for defense and offense and teamwork.

May 2, 2016, 12:39 a.m.

Can't say I'm terribly fond of any of these suggestions myself. Game can turn into quite the slugfest with stronger players in 5's as is.

May 2, 2016, 12:54 a.m.

The speed of the ships is really dull. But the TTK on some of the ships is really fast.

I don't think it fits very well.

LMGDiVa [FranBunnyFXII]
~Who doesn't love 200 rounds of 5.56 Ball with Tracers?~

May 2, 2016, 1:02 a.m.

Just wait tell you run into a team that's running double Tac Cruiser and your team doesn't want to push, then you will see this game can be really slow at times.

May 2, 2016, 2:01 a.m.

im pretty sure their intentions was to bring the massive ship battle into an arena style pace so it brings in more then just the hardcore star trek crew XD

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

May 2, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

Pacing is fine, it only goes too fast if a group splits up and yolo's

May 2, 2016, 2:26 a.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 2:27 a.m.

If its literally one-on-one, it actually does take a decent amount of time, but that rarely happens. It also depends on the ship. Two heavy dreadnoughts duking it out, for example, would take a lot longer than two light dreadnoughts.

What you might be seeing is when more than one ship shoots at one. Then yeah, it lasts a few seconds if it doesn't have any healing.

May 2, 2016, 5:52 a.m.

Skyfaller#2917 posted (#post-28230)

Combat is still very fast paced when it comes to battles between cap ships. This can be the result of weapons doing too high damage or ships not having enough armor or defensive abilities (like the shield).

I would prefer a game that has longer shooting matches between big ships rather than quickly-over fragfests.

1v1 fights take a while in most cases. Being focused down by multiple enemies, or focusing down an opponent with your allies, ends fights quicker.

I would suggest that changes be made to the way ships fire their weapons. Primary weapons should be slow refire rate, high damage, short range weapons. Secondaries should be long range, very low damage and very high refire rate. This means the primary weapons have low ammo while secondaries have large amounts of ammo.

This is literally suggesting the removal of weapon differentiation between classes as well as reducing customisation. Ships have primaries which fit their role. Destroyers have effective mid- to long-range weapons, Arty has super-long-range guns, Corvettes have extreme CQC primaries. Secondary weapons are not a fixed weapon, but a customisable option. Some are better for close combat, others for long range. You can complement your primary role, or provide yourself with a counterpoint to let you cover a weakness in your build.

Armor could be increased.. the Armor on the heavy dreadnought should be the armor of the medium destroyer to give an idea of what I'm thinking..

This would mean that the (admittedly rare) 1v1 encounters out in the open would be too long to be viable. Corvettes would be nerfed HARD, and sniper classes would have a crazy buff from this happening.

This would then make most battles begin at longer distances with lead barrages rather than the current meta of rushing to point blank fights. It would make battles last longer (increased armor, lower overall dps on ships unless really close) which enables players to use more ship abilities for defense and offense and teamwork.

Honestly, this sounds like a cool concept, but at the same time, it sounds like a really BAD change for this kind of game. It's focused on class-based combat. Making all the classes work the same would ruin it.

Also, Destroyers fit pretty much the playstyle you're proposing, especially when they're armed with Flak. At long range, your primaries have falloff, doing reduced damage and probably missing occasionally on relatively mobile targets because of the projectile speed being low enough to be dodged at times. As you get in closer, you get more damage per hit, and the projectile speed doesn't impact as heavily, which means you'll be hitting consistently, then once you're really close, flak comes into play between reloads and you can get pretty extreme dps.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 2, 2016, 7:21 a.m.

It already takes 3 ships to kill a dreadnought that knows what it's doing without a healer and you want more?

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 2, 2016, 7:40 a.m.

I think its fine as it is.
Don't want ships taking even longer to kill.
The amount of time it takes at 1vs1 is enough.

Someone that gets hit by 3 at the same time, shouldn't survive for long at all even with a healer.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.