FORUMS

Noobs trying to fight higher tiers

Posted: //
Jan. 15, 2017, 10:56 p.m.

Been playing the tier 2 Jupiter Arms destroyer alot since I came back.

Can't seem to figure out his role and how it fits in a team atm.

Cannot take out Corvettes if it decides it doesn't want to die after diving your backline. Cannot burst down Artilleries. Cannot trade versus a Dreadnought.

Feels very much like a starter ship for new players to get their feet wet in the beginning where things only get better as you progress up into the the others in the sub class. Nothing wrong with this, just a boring ship to fly.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Jan. 15, 2017, 11:14 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-93548)

Cannot take out Corvettes if it decides it doesn't want to die after diving your backline. Cannot burst down Artilleries. Cannot trade versus a Dreadnought.

Feels very much like a starter ship for new players to get their feet wet in the beginning where things only get better as you progress up into the the others in the sub class. Nothing wrong with this, just a boring ship to fly.

Go for the Tacs. If you want to fight Corvettes get the medium or light (that one cannot heal with its primary) Tactical. Destroyers have more and longer range firepower compared to Dreads, so wear them down at range and dodge fire. Arties need to get flanked, easiest with Corvettes, or fought in Arty-Duels.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 16, 2017, 5:17 a.m.

The Trafalgar is rather deadly once you learn how to coordinate the timing on module use with your ability to put power to your weapons. Timing is all the difference between getting mediocre performance and great effect. Example... time putting power to weapons as your tempest missiles or goliath torp are JUST about to strike target. Instead of a steady trickle of damage... suddenly it's a hefty spike. Learn to ambush using these tactics. Missiles are fire an forget once released at a valid in range target....giving you time to duck into cover an quickly (with power to engines) jet forward into torp range. There's a ton of possibilities that depend on your situation. All that said, the Trafalgar has a bigger clip for sustained fire and significantly strong modules over the T1 version. You want to see real burst power at T2 levels... time a missile/torp hit with power to weapons AND weapon damaage boost module.... sit back an giggle while even a shielded opponent watches their hp wither.

Jan. 16, 2017, 7:57 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 16, 2017, 7:58 a.m.

Destroyers are tac hunters in the game's scissor/paper/stone.
They are less prone to being useless against all the other classes than said other classes.
They have the best all-around main weapons (power, clip, range, projectile speed, accuracy all above average).
Their nemesis are the dreads (you never can win in a fair fight).

-
You've got actually one of the only ships that can make an arty go in cover (same max range) - others being other artys and the medium dread.

If the arty could hit you three times, you were not on top of it (Blink out of its fire cone, and especially higher, and it can't target you) except if it was an oberon arty, which can't tree-shot you but is more of a skirmisher.
Were the shots red ? You may have encountered a rare build that doesn't play well, the oberon siege arty.
About playing arty yourself - were you actually in range ?
-
-
You can't steal a kill without doing more damage than the other player, so, in short, you can't steal a kill. You've done your part if it's yours.
-
-
As far as i've seen there is no damage bonus to missiles for diverting energy to weapons.
It just boosts the main weapons (rate of fire mainly). I'm not even sure there's a boost with artys (because they reload).
-

Jan. 16, 2017, 8:44 a.m.

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-94161)

As far as i've seen there is no damage bonus to missiles for diverting energy to weapons.
It just boosts the main weapons (rate of fire mainly). I'm not even sure there's a boost with artys (because they reload).
-

Arty does in fact get a reload time boost from power to weapons. However, that said... Oberon gets a boost to fire rate. The single shot sniper class gets a rather insignificant reload rate boost (also half the energy bar is eaten immediate upon activation for this class... so you only get roughly one or two very slightly faster reloads before your out of energy). Depending on support from energy regen abilities your mileage may vary, but I've personally found it to be of little help with Oberon snipers, and of almost no use with the others.

Jan. 16, 2017, 10:44 a.m.

If the arties do get a reload boost, it's little enough to not notice it then, i just tried. Same for the other ships (that do get +50% RoF - at least the reload boost is nowhere near +50%).
Of course the Oberon Arty does get RoF, but it's far from the two other arties in gameplay.

I'm pretty sure about the missiles not doing more damages.

Jan. 17, 2017, 12:46 a.m.

Okay coming back on my statement - reload is a factor of RoF, so energy to weapons do make your ship reload faster.

I'm not sure it's worth it though most of the time though.

Still pretty sure it doesn't boost the weapons or modules damages.

Jan. 17, 2017, 3:14 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 17, 2017, 3:16 a.m.

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-94461)

Okay coming back on my statement - reload is a factor of RoF, so energy to weapons do make your ship reload faster.

I'm not sure it's worth it though most of the time though.

Still pretty sure it doesn't boost the weapons or modules damages.

If you didn't interpret it from my post... agreed... while arty does in fact benefit from power to weapons it's incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things outside of very niche situations. It's hard to justify putting power to weapons in them when they get a 50% penalty vs other ships to do so. Further, in almost every case your better off having that power available for movement to avoid fire, or shields as a last resort.

p.s. *You are in fact correct... neither line gets a noticeable damage benefit... as far as I can see only a minor reload or moderate fire rate increase depending on style of arty. (worth noting I have not worked myself into the Ballista line of arty yet... only the Tugarin and Furia lines. I suspect however that line will likely not benefit in damage either)

Jan. 17, 2017, 7:09 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-93581)

Go for the Tacs. If you want to fight Corvettes get the medium or light (that one cannot heal with its primary) Tactical. Destroyers have more and longer range firepower compared to Dreads, so wear them down at range and dodge fire. Arties need to get flanked, easiest with Corvettes, or fought in Arty-Duels.

Try playing the Dola, even at 2km range that destroyer does less damage than a koschei with LMG.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Jan. 17, 2017, 9:32 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-94799)

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-93581)

Try playing the Dola, even at 2km range that destroyer does less damage than a koschei with LMG.

It appears there are a list of ships piling up that aren't performing to any sort of perceived standard according to their role or tier at present. While expected... hoping to see what's going to happen when balance passes become a priority. As I understand, high tier Oberon arty aren't doing very well or in keeping with their preceding siblings. The Trident personally confused the snot out of me... it's rather large 4 barrel main guns did laughable damage while it's secondaries were the heavy hitters!?!?! Made little sense considering the precedent set by all other ships up to this point. I might dabble in T3, but I'm waiting to see what happens to maintenance before I bother to get serious about progressing back up to T4' and 5.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.