FORUMS

Levolution

Posted: //
March 6, 2015, 5:10 a.m.

Updated //
March 6, 2015, 5:12 a.m.

Hey Everyone,

After the viewing the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M40JOsLd--s, I have to say that the environment looks pretty ... boring? No, thats not the right word.. But it could use some more life, or interaction if you prefer, as its not all that exciting, though that's my personal opinion.

So, how about introducing the levolution concept? Though I'm not sure whether that's possible using Unreal Engine 4. But my idea is as the following.

The invironment includes a lot of asteroids and debris from ships. What if we would make this interactive? As the battle progresses there could be random events like a small meteor or debris shower. Getting hit by such an object could kill smaller ships or significantly damage the bigger ships. It would make the map a bit more interesting and even more strategic, as you'll have to be aware of your position and environment.

Just an idea, of which I'd like to know your opinions :)

Greets!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 6, 2015, 5:37 a.m.

Oh how the word Leveloution makes me cringe! However I agree destructible scenery for ground based maps would make a lot of sense for all those wayward flying missiles!

--
Robotstyle

March 6, 2015, 5:39 a.m.

Updated //
March 6, 2015, 5:40 a.m.

Robotstyle#4892 posted (#post-248)

Oh how the word Leveloution makes me cringe! However I agree destructible scenery for ground based maps would make a lot of sense for all those wayward flying missiles!

That's just because you wrote it wrong :( hater :p

And I was primarely talking about space maps, because the low orbit maps already have some eye candy, but ya, i suppose it could work there too.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 6, 2015, 10:41 a.m.

If the processing power could be had. Would love to see wreckage floating around too that could damage ships

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

March 6, 2015, 4:26 p.m.

I tought the same, some weeks ago, but when talking about it on reddit other users made me realize that in this development phase is really difficult to start work on something so complex like levolution.

I hope that it can be added in a second time: it would be cool =)

March 7, 2015, 2:12 a.m.

Updated //
March 7, 2015, 2:48 a.m.

Ya, Im aware of that. But how awesome would it be to suddenly receive a visual warning, (somewhat like simcity 5 with disasters). And a voice saying something like "Our scanners show that debris is heading our way, sir. Perhaps it would be wise to find shelter.".

March 7, 2015, 1:12 p.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-306)

Ya, Im aware of that. But how awesome would it be to suddenly receive a visual warning, (somewhat like simcity 5 with disasters). And a voice saying something like "Our scanners show that debris is heading our way, sir. Perhaps it would be wise to find shelter.".

Think about this bridge

been it enought to collapse and fall on the ground. Would not be cool?

March 7, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

Updated //
March 7, 2015, 7:14 p.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-314)

Think about this bridge

been it enought to collapse and fall on the ground. Would not be cool?

Hmm, would be nice to see some shattered glass or w/e falling, and after a while it collapses and falls towards the earth.

Yes, it would be incredibly awesome :P

Oh noes! xD

http://i.imgur.com/8BBmG0y.png

or..

http://i.imgur.com/TsEW3B4.png

March 8, 2015, 9:35 a.m.

THAT'S awesome =D

March 8, 2015, 3:39 p.m.

Although I would hope that this becomes an eventual goal, at the moment I think they should be focusing entirely on developing the core elements of the game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.