FORUMS

Multiplayer Not Functional, Give XP and FP for Training Matches

Posted: //
May 3, 2016, 5:52 a.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 7:20 a.m.

Seeing how terrible servers are coping with closed beta launch, it'd be a nice compensation for early adopters who paid for access. Atleast let us unlock ships and modules to try out before the wipe. Otherwise what's the point getting in early if all we can do is log in. (if)

Game looks and plays good. Am not disappointed nor regret getting the access. That said, won't complain if greybox allowed us to progress vs Bots since multiplayer is barely functional.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

May 3, 2016, 5:56 a.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 5:58 a.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-29207)

Seeing how terrible servers are coping with closed beta launch, it'd be a nice compensation for early adopters who paid for access. Atleast let us unlock ships and modules to try out before the wipe. Otherwise what's the point getting in early if all we can do is log in. (if)

Game looks and plays good. Am not disappointed nor regret getting the access. That said, won't complain if greybox allowed us to progress via solo play since multiplayer is barely functional.

Are you on about matchmaking times taking forever?

I've noticed over the past 2 days that solo queing must be bugged.

Waited 40minutes for a game yesterday.
Guy on stream got 5 games in that time, same mode just had a group of 3 people.
I pair up with some guy off these forums, game within 1minute.
Played all afternoon with this guy & a few others.
Longest wait time was like 3mins & that was for elimination + 5 man squad.

I left the group and tried getting a solo game, 10min wait & gave up.
Late evening solo matchmaking was good again and was pretty instant but I can't believe that theres more players grouping up than solo.
That i can't get a game in 40mins solo, when i can get multiple games in a group.

May 3, 2016, 7:21 a.m.

edited to be less ambiguous

May 3, 2016, 7:27 a.m.

There's probably going to be a progression wipe anyway - whether going into open beta, on release, or both, I don't know. But it's highly likely to happen.

That said, at least before release, I'd like a way to play co-op and not PvP and still earn (heavily reduced) rewards and make a little progress.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 3, 2016, 7:44 a.m.

This is just one of the inherent risks of allowing paid access to beta.. The unstoppable influx of players.. Most closed betas would usually only dole out keys as they improve server stability.. Better improvements in server coding and setup would allow for more keys to be issued.. The new influx stresses the servers another level and they find more improvements to make allowing more capacity.. And the cycle builds up and up..

Eventually they reach a point where they feel they've issued enough keys to simulate opening the Beta and make calls for stress tests to intentionally try and break the servers under extreme load.. unfortunately paid access is just like a tsunami, and yeah there wasent enough prep for it.. And then the servers dont break they melt down gloriously.. And cleaning up messes like that will take a while and distract alot of development resources..

Auto-AIM.. Holding your mommies hand one target at a time..

May 3, 2016, 7:53 a.m.

Because of the wipe, all the more reason to give founders opportunities to test more stuff quicker.

We can't grind very well when multiplayer matches are unreliable. If open beta players who come on here for free will be able to catch up in terms of progress (assuming things will get better by then) then why bother paying up $40 in advanced.

May 3, 2016, 8:10 a.m.

Most of the ships will of been testing during the Alpha, one of the things that will always need testing and balancing is progression speed. Unlocking things ahead of time will mess with that.

Also if your buying a founders pack just to get early access to an UNFINISHED game, then moaning that things aren't working and it's not fair on you because you paid to play an UNFINISHED game, then sorry but that's your problem. Don't pre-order video games. Founders packs and the like are there to let people support the developers, not to give you a leg up on the open beta testers.

Having said that, I don't think 1/2 or 1/4 EXP and FP for training matches is a bad idea.

: ) Skid : )
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

July 22, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

I would like to see 1/2 or 1/4 FP rewards for Training missions as well, and eventually some more robust Single Player or Coop vs AI scenarios.

Thanks!

July 22, 2016, 7:52 p.m.

I've been playing for a week (bought a founders pack). Late one night I couldn't get a match, but other than that the longest I waited was around 5 minutes over about 60 matches. Is this issue finding matches maybe a regional thing?

Reduced rewards for training missions would be kind of nice. It might make it easier to justify spending time there learning how new mods or ship loadouts work if I want to try something different.

July 22, 2016, 7:54 p.m.

Yeah, because training missions cannot easily be botted against that terrible training AI... In other words, no way.

Wait for PvE, it's coming soon™.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.