FORUMS

Purposed Balance Changes/Opinion.

Posted: //
May 3, 2016, 11:13 a.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 11:45 a.m.

Artillery.

Restore 10k range to snipers but add fall off damage past 7k.

It’s already one of the most vulnerable ships in the game. Limiting it’s range below that of nearly every heavy ship is a mistake. One reason artillery range is important is to force other artillery into cover or respond to you. Counter sniping/Suppression was a key part that has now been hampered.

The changes have made it a very risky ship in high tier playing. To the point it may not be worth the risk. Sadly not because of corvettes… but sheer muscle of the dreads pounding away out of range. At least let it trade fire with a Zmey or Gora’s max range. Even if the drop off is severe it’s better than nothing.

Plasma Ram.

Force plasma ram acceleration. Meaning you can not decelerate. I know it’s difficult for some of the newer players to come to grips with the ram… but you know what is worse? Expert players tearing through you with rams. It’s a bit absurd to miss your target. Come to a full stop and then slowly glide down to barely touch a ship and do 80% to 100% damage. Trust me… it needs to have a down side. Missing should be a complete waste of the ability or if the rammer is lucky redirect into whatever might have been near by. This is coming from a rammer… and probably someone who’s team mate is the best rammer in the game. Don’t believe us? Fight us with your testers. You’ll be converted once it’s over. It’s a miracle if you manage to dodge a decent ram… that should be rewarded.

As for everyone else that will likely post their counters for all this… trust me I am aware of all of the abilities and modules like disrupters and armor amp. It’s why I’ve only selected these issues. I actually think the rest of the game is quite fine. These were the only real trouble areas I’m seeing at the moment. Aside from terrible spawns of course… but that’s been a known issue for ages.

May 3, 2016, 11:28 a.m.

I think the Kocshie needs a tap as well. Either in it's raw durability and ability to stay in a fight or to it's ability to heal. There are combinations out there (that I really don't want to list or everyone that reads this will abuse it) that are completely unbreakable. Given the right ship on the receiving end of a properly fit Kocshie focused fire from 4 ships will not kill it, and with proper placement from the enemy team it's impossible to actually get in and kill the Kocshie.

Alpha Tester

To boldly go right behind that ridge and hide, don't let them shoot me.
-Tac Cruiser Pilots

May 3, 2016, 11:41 a.m.

There aren't any Kocshie combinations that are unbreakable 2 Kocshie is actually usually easier to break than 1.

Don't get mad - git gud.

Your idea is bad Adasalter and you should feel bad!

Joking aside, I agree w/ the range thing for the arty, the hard cap is just plain retarded. (there is nothing good about it.) there should've been falloff damage to artillery anyways.

Also I have to agree w/ the ram. It is stupid (but hilarious) to come to a full stop, turn around and boop something with just the tip (or try to make the garbage ram hitbox work). But a forced acceleration (similar to the afterburners actually) to the ram would be better than just increasing its cooldown.

@Sirus if you're talking about the "double koschei" it is actually very breakable. Sit between the two koscheis to prevent them healing each other and focus them down. If their teammates are bad at teamwork, then they'll abandon the koscheis and die from lack of healing since the koscheis are distracted. (Ramming them is also acceptable due to sheer alpha)

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

Your idea is bad Adasalter and you should feel bad!

Joking aside, I agree w/ the range thing for the arty, the hard cap is just plain retarded. (there is nothing good about it.) there should've been falloff damage to artillery anyways.

Also I have to agree w/ the ram. It is stupid (but hilarious) to come to a full stop, turn around and boop something with just the tip (or try to make the garbage ram hitbox work). But a forced acceleration (similar to the afterburners actually) to the ram would be better than just increasing its cooldown.

@Sirus if you're talking about the "double koschei" it is actually very breakable. Sit between the two koscheis to prevent them healing each other and focus them down. If their teammates are bad at teamwork, then they'll abandon the koscheis and die from lack of healing since the koscheis are distracted. (Ramming them is also acceptable due to sheer alpha)

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

May 3, 2016, 11:58 a.m.

Just for the record I'm not talking about double Kocshie, just one and a selection of 4 other ships identically fit (and they're not dreads).

Alpha Tester

To boldly go right behind that ridge and hide, don't let them shoot me.
-Tac Cruiser Pilots

May 3, 2016, 12:07 p.m.

5 Kocshies is also breakable, so is 1 Kocshie 4 aions, 1 Kocshie and any 4 else smile

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 3, 2016, 12:28 p.m.

4 ramcans and a koschei? also easily counterable.

May 3, 2016, 1:15 p.m.

Both of these suggestions seems reasonable to me...

But to further elaborate on the arty change, as a concept, it really should be able to stay out of the fringes, conducting fire and movement without having to worry about counterfire from mainline ships. ie: It SHOULD have a range advantage over mainline units. That's why it's an arty. The downside will of course be having to likely expose itself to get targeting at range, and thus making it easier to spot and send counter arty or vettes too remove it...as well as putting it away from the support perhaps of DD's or Tac's. With the number of jump drives on other ship classes, it's not like that range advantage can't be closed, so it's not like snipers would get a free ride anyhow.

The game is about tradeoffs, but right now the Arty's are stuck maneuvering with the main body for both range & support, still entirely vulnerable to corvettes, but also anyone else who see's them... as the lighter armour makes the mainline damage falloffs fairly moot.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.