FORUMS

Officer Briefings being GP only

Posted: //
May 3, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

While these things have minor effects, they're effects are very impactful allowing for powerful combinations. Unless you plan to provide some way to easily earn GP (and I mean easily, not weeks of grinding for a handful of GP) than this mechanic is straight up P2W. Might as well add 1 shot kill weapons you can only get through the cash shop and call yourself Nexon.

If you're trying to find ways of monetization, the Elite subscription, cosmetics, hero ships, and boosters are enough. You can also provide ways for people to give these things to others allowing generous players to give them to players who would otherwise not purchase such items.

May 3, 2016, 7:14 p.m.

I for one will not be partaking in a pay-to-win game. Would really like to see this decision reverted.

This is very simple. You do this. I'm done. I wont even consider you're game.

This is pay to win. Cosmetics is where it's at. I was willing to pay for that. Now you have me worried about your financials in general. Why would do something this desperate?

A disappointing change to say the least smile for me this is a major issue since the game is now 100% pay to win. These briefings are straight buffs to each ships playstyle so locking them behind a paywall is a bad move devs. Plz rethink this because the game in general is a very solid and enjoyable game. Also from day one you guys said that the game will never adopt a P2W model.

May 3, 2016, 7:16 p.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 7:36 p.m.

My main problem is this:

This game is in beta testing at the moment. If a very important item in the game costs real money, and some people may not have the money to buy it, then what is the point of this being in beta test? Enough test will not be able to be done to get a good reading of the game state.

If you guys are doing this to raise money to continue developing the game, then it would be nice if you could be up front about it instead of making it look like something it is not (unless it really isn't for the money, then I am not sure why the prices would be raised hindering the beta test process.)

Suggestion:

If you will keep it like how it is now, then think about a leasing system. Players will be able rent things like officer briefings for an FP amount for a certain amount of time of course.

May 3, 2016, 7:17 p.m.

Revert this.

May 3, 2016, 7:17 p.m.

I understand the company needs to make money somewhere but with the sudden change from F2P to paywall is going to be making alot of us players letting everyone know that this isnt the game to get into when the company changes its mind about promises it makes. Also there is the bad publisity that this game will get from streamers because of the change. I just hope they understand the loss of fanbase that they are loosing and the hit they are going to take because they have had nothing but issues with the server sence the game came out and now they are not able to backup their F2P idea.

May 3, 2016, 7:18 p.m.

I'd like to add that people need to calm down a bit. Like you I complete disagree with their decision, but saying you're leaving the game because the decision isn't helpful. You need to voice your opinion against the decision and trust that they will revert it.

May 3, 2016, 7:18 p.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

Not sure if trolling...

... What about Boxers?

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

May 3, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

Free to play is a bad model, because even good developers can start seeing the games population as two kinds of player; those who are willing to pay to win, and content.

The business model lends itself to viewing free players as little more then glorified bots the "Real Player" (IE Paying players) gets to stomp.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.