FORUMS

Officer Briefings being GP only

Posted: //
May 3, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

If the update screwed up the matchmaking couldn't you guys rollback and put out smaller updates to figure out what went wrong...? I mean matchmaking/mid-game freezes didn't happen this bad before, right?

May 3, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

Yup, this is P2W system that they put in, bad very bad!

No good reason too, I would have happily thrown money at this game for ships and the likes, they don't need to do this.

I have played 100s of hours on F2P games and this is the first one that I promised to drop good money on...

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

May 3, 2016, 8:29 p.m.

I'll join the chorus of "WTF?" here as well. This will flat line the games player base very fast with how powerful officer briefings ended up being. And Dreadnought isn't the kind of game that will survive long with a low player base.

May 3, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

Oops...

"...I say we nuke the whole site from orbit...only way to be sure..."

May 3, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

Updated //
May 3, 2016, 8:37 p.m.

I haven't played WoT in at least two years so i didn't know sorry. To their credit they did revert that change so we can only hope Yager does the same.

May 3, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

This is my first post ever on these forums but I had to join in this discussion.
I was getting hyped for Dreadnought as a game I could play and stream over the long term.
I have been having a ton of fun with it.

Moving to Pay To Win will get me to move games quickly though.
I left World Of Warships to avoid Pay To Win.
Please don't make me leave this game too!

I know you need money to make great games like this, just please find another way.

May 3, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

Yeah no, they do this i'm gone.

May 3, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

Just want to add my two cents that having any ships / ANY sort of game changing module be only cash based would be absolutely rediculous, and will lose players. If your game ends up being good people will buy cosmetics. Charging for Hero ships is typically fine.. most competitive leagues ban them anyway.

Now if you want the stuff to be purchasable for GP , and then have a FP cost as well that makes sense. Some people would rather pay a bit of cash than put in the playtime.

Gray

May 3, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

I do await the possibility of this being an accident of sorts, as it would completely contradict the statements that the devs have made about P2W upto this point.
However I have been around long enough to realise that it's far from impossible that this is actually intended but untill it actually gets confirmed or if it doesn't change in the nearby future, we can't be sure.

If this was some sort of test, as someone suggested, that would be really stupid as this has probably damaged their reputation already, and it's going to further damage it the longer the take with a response.

I imagine that the first thing people look into these days when they are interested in playing a f2p game, is if there are p2w aspects involved, atleast that's the first thing I do, and they will find these discussions regardless if they turn out to be true or not.

May 3, 2016, 8:53 p.m.

I can't really think of the last time I made a fuss about the changes to a game the devs(/publisher, whoever) make. Rather than choose to be outraged, in the past I've just walked away and resolved it with a "screw it" mindset.
But because I enjoy Dreadnought so much, hopping online and hearing about this has left me pretty torn.
Should this be the direction the game decides to continue on, I will get my money back. I genuinely do not want to, as I'd like to actively support this game.
But not if I have to support it if I want to be worth anything in the game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.