FORUMS

Bolt Guns

Posted: //
May 4, 2016, 1:06 a.m.

Updated //
May 4, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

So... any point to them?

It seems that they possess the same range as a corvette's main weapon.

May 4, 2016, 1:24 a.m.

I, for one, use them to deal damage whilst the main guns reload.

Hi kids,

Uncle Xtra is here for the beer

May 4, 2016, 3:39 a.m.

At least they're useful, unlike the beams.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

May 4, 2016, 3:41 a.m.

Alceister#9621 posted (#post-30254)

So... any point to them?

It seems that they possess the same range as a corvette's main weapon.

The point is that when you shoot the bolt gun, it does damage.

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

May 4, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

Their range indicator is bugged. The bolt guns hit WAY beyond the range at which the reticule turns yellow. And they do good damage too. It can be useful to finish off wounded enemies while kiting them or running away. Also can be very handy in a fight with another corvette, hitting beyond the range of their main weapon.

May 4, 2016, 12:09 p.m.

Before 1.0, I think it was around 3500m effective range? ... Am I even allowed to say that here?

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

May 4, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

Bolt guns range is 4k, Well, using the Indicator as the max range, I only tried it a few times.

I am addicted to Dreadnought like I am addicted to Brake Fluid, I can stop anytime.

Just remember to always shoot the ship being healed and never change tactics and then complain why you lost.

May 12, 2016, 3:54 a.m.

Any type of beam wep does more damage the closer you are to your target I believe. I find the beams "points and click" better for finishing off targets either way. You're a corvette, You better be close to you're target.

May 12, 2016, 7:55 a.m.

Bolt guns on the Kreshnik basically does better than the primary as it is capable of firing at much larger angles with a larger clip size. A kreshnik with bolt guns won't lose to any other corvette in a air-air engagement if he knows how to aim.

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.