FORUMS

gear up

Posted: //
March 9, 2015, 1:15 a.m.

Ceesa#8411 posted (#post-372)

I just got home from PAX and came straight to this site to see what the current state of affairs was. The game looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait to try it out.

Lol same here

March 9, 2015, 9:47 a.m.

From what I played at PAX, even though it's called a pre-alpha build, I feel like it was more beta quality than anything.

March 9, 2015, 10:57 a.m.

Do believe they will have quite a bit of interest. There isn't even that much advertisement and yet they still have a decent amount of following. Imagine when they do start mass advertisement. Heck, they might not even have too as I know I've just been advertising myself! Dang you Grey Box and your ability to force free advertisement bhahahaha.

March 9, 2015, 4:11 p.m.

Updated //
March 9, 2015, 4:11 p.m.

Shock4ndAwe#5871 posted (#post-417)

From what I played at PAX, even though it's called a pre-alpha build, I feel like it was more beta quality than anything.

Ya, I've been in pre-alpha phases of other games, and it can't be compared to the current state of dreadnought.. These alpha builds didn't even have textures or let alone high quality effects... So, i'd say Dreadnoughts (!visual!) quality is of atleast Closed / Open BETA.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 9, 2015, 4:54 p.m.

Totally agree. Ive been wanting the space battles of eve without the excel spreadsheet.

NightSniper#4707 posted (#post-322)

The Demo at Pax East rocks. Played it about 5 hours ago and wow if this is beta how do I download it. I have been stuck playing games that have been released and belong in Alpha let alone Beta and here comes Dreadnought and it is absolutely amazing and playable. Can't wait to play on my PC. Been a longtime waiting for a space sim this good.

Twitter: @_tastypixels
Steam: don_ninja

March 9, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-460)

Shock4ndAwe#5871 posted (#post-417)

Ya, I've been in pre-alpha phases of other games, and it can't be compared to the current state of dreadnought.. These alpha builds didn't even have textures or let alone high quality effects... So, i'd say Dreadnoughts (!visual!) quality is of atleast Closed / Open BETA.
I was actually having a comical talk about this with a few people at PAX. This years PAX felt like it was year of the Alpha/Pre-Alphas that felt close to release builds. I mean you had Dreadnought, Overwatch, Gigantic, and several more (and not at PAX you also have UT4). Boggled my mind because, to me, Pre-Alpha/Alphas are mostly rendered maps and characters with minimal texturing purposely because they're designed for harsh testing, implementing, and tweaking rather than polishing and fine tuning. Yet, all of these games felt incredibly solid and "Early Access" quality.

"....Hohoholy cow, this isn't where I parked my car."

March 10, 2015, 3:57 a.m.

Updated //
March 10, 2015, 3:58 a.m.

GrillMeACheese#9323 posted (#post-475)

I was actually having a comical talk about this with a few people at PAX. This years PAX felt like it was year of the Alpha/Pre-Alphas that felt close to release builds. I mean you had Dreadnought, Overwatch, Gigantic, and several more (and not at PAX you also have UT4). Boggled my mind because, to me, Pre-Alpha/Alphas are mostly rendered maps and characters with minimal texturing purposely because they're designed for harsh testing, implementing, and tweaking rather than polishing and fine tuning. Yet, all of these games felt incredibly solid and "Early Access" quality.

I actually haven't heard of any of those games lol. Though I might have heard of Overwatch, but I'm not that certain about that.

But yea,, considering it's current quality and continues show up at these big events, I personally don't think it'll take long before an announcement is given to the public regarding BETA.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 10, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

Updated //
March 10, 2015, 8:40 a.m.

Earthling47#3991 posted (#post-381)

The game is set for a 2015 release. It is still in alpha at the moment. Beta will be announced when ready. Or so I was told in January...

yep, that bothers me a bit, i even saw the live stream when they said that. So january passed, february passed, we're in middle of march, and i dont see the light on beta anytime soon. What can i say the hype is real, and i want to play the game. Anyway cheers for the devs, keep up the good work.

March 10, 2015, 9:29 a.m.

Updated //
March 10, 2015, 9:30 a.m.

Noctis#4716 posted (#post-504)

The game is set for a 2015 release. It is still in alpha at the moment. Beta will be announced when ready. Or so I was told in January...

yep, that bothers me a bit, i even saw the live stream when they said that. So january passed, february passed, we're in middle of march, and i dont see the light on beta anytime soon. What can i say the hype is real, and i want to play the game. Anyway cheers for the devs, keep up the good work.

So they announced BETA information 'soon' which was 2 months ago? Makes me afraid that the game won't be released summer 2015. But rather be postponed. I don't think it's possible to do a stress test on the servers that close to it's release. Considering it might still take a month or 2 till beta.

PAX != Stress testing ^^

March 10, 2015, 8:35 p.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-506)

Noctis#4716 posted (#post-504)

So they announced BETA information 'soon' which was 2 months ago? Makes me afraid that the game won't be released summer 2015. But rather be postponed. I don't think it's possible to do a stress test on the servers that close to it's release. Considering it might still take a month or 2 till beta.

PAX != Stress testing ^^

I spent my entire 8 hours of Sunday's PAX East at their booth playing and talking to the devs. There is no release date for the game yet and they wont announce one until they are sure they can release the game fully functional whether it be 2015 or not. Trust me I tried squeezing one out of them this entire PAX but nobody would budge ;D

I would speculate that it's most likely you won't see a summer release, I would expect alpha testing soon and beta testing to be during the summer period and then maybe a fall / winter release? It's all speculation now so just keep your fingers crossed and eyes open for the newsletters!

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.