FORUMS

Startup Drydock

Posted: //
March 7, 2015, 9:02 p.m.

I've been thinking about how the game could start, and I thought, "How about you start by launching from a drydock/home base." It could help new players get used to the controls after launching from the drydock/home base in a small free-fly area around it. It could also have a target range for players to get used to the weapons and equipment on ships. When you want to go into combat, you could select an option to jump into, A; single player/campaign (if there is one, I have not seen anything about one yet) or, B; multiplayer.

Play smart, you win. Play dumb, you loose. Teamwork is the best way to secure victory. Lack of teamwork is a certain defeat.

March 7, 2015, 9:44 p.m.

Here's somebody with ideas, somebody who's going places. The free fly zone+ targeting range sounds like a great way to make the game more interesting. Also, since there seem to be variants within the 5 classes maybe a try-before-you-buy test flight so that we can see how the ship acts and whether or not we want it.

"Here's how it's done!"
-Robin, Fire Emblem Awakening

March 7, 2015, 11:15 p.m.

They DID talk about a single player campaign and PAX South.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 7, 2015, 11:45 p.m.

+1 This idea.
I'd like to "warmup" or "get in gear" before starting online matches and this would be a great way of doing it.

smile

March 8, 2015, 9:30 a.m.

WhiteWidow#4074 posted (#post-334)

They DID talk about a single player campaign and PAX South.

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know.

Play smart, you win. Play dumb, you loose. Teamwork is the best way to secure victory. Lack of teamwork is a certain defeat.

March 8, 2015, 11:11 a.m.

UPDATE:
I just re-watched the interview that mentioned it. The guy who wrote the Warhammer 40k books is who they got to help write the lore and the universe and the single player episodes ( they said the single player game will be episodic).

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 9, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

I'm perfectly content with just a menu screen. I feel like a legitimate tutorial would be a better route to go for teaching new players.

March 9, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

I think it would be a great idea for the "try before you buy" option. Would force players to make sure they at least pretend to know some of the controls and could persuade people to not buy a ship they aren't comfortable with. Would prevent people from just not caring so they can earn enough for a different ship because they chose a play style they ended up hating!

Feb. 25, 2016, 4:48 p.m.

Your perfectly right!

This whit the matchmaking absence make the game difficult to appreciate.

DethNinjaDragn#0923 posted (#post-428)

I think it would be a great idea for the "try before you buy" option. Would force players to make sure they at least pretend to know some of the controls and could persuade people to not buy a ship they aren't comfortable with. Would prevent people from just not caring so they can earn enough for a different ship because they chose a play style they ended up hating!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.