FORUMS

[COMPLETED] SERVER MAINTENANCE: May 4th 3:30 PM CDT

Posted: //
May 4, 2016, 5:29 p.m.

Why not make a bonus-xp weekend for the next days as many of us got a "long" weekend starting today ^^
and it would compensate a bit for all the losses cause of desynched games where you always waste 10min playing for NOTHING...

May 4, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

if you unfortunately only once a week to play and are just then the server work is really very annoying I had known that before the if and always sever maintenance would I would not € 40 spent .... the real frustration thx for it ...

May 4, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

They complain when it's broken... they complain when it's getting fixed...

May 4, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

pick your poison guys..short term annoyance or long term??
im just happy they are sorting stuff even when it is my prime time to play smile

May 4, 2016, 5:50 p.m.

Updated //
May 4, 2016, 5:51 p.m.

Who pays in to a BETA and expects everything to work should go back to the big companies that use BETA purely for marketing and free advertisement. This is a small company having to test servers and stability with our help and scale it up. So think about spending money better next time instead of being salty, Nobody promised you a shiny 100% working game here.

The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
George Orwell

May 4, 2016, 6:01 p.m.

Updated //
May 4, 2016, 6:02 p.m.

Brandonchat#3996 posted (#post-30836)

This is insain!

Every day the servers have been down for hours. I am really starting to wonder what this team of developers have been testing in the closed beta.. character creation? or how the ships look and how shiny the skins are?

As somebody else stated.. when a game ist starting to ask money for the game, you have every right to criticise the state of the game. I think criticism will get more harsh every time the game goes off for a few hours every day.

I honestly feel sorry for the ppl who paid 40 euro for this game and are in the same timezone as i am coz the servers go down for maintenance on the same time. I know i am gonna wait spending money on this game to see how this is gonna work out. I do think that asking money for the game at this point is/was too soon.

"Every day the servers have been down for hours. I am really starting to wonder what this team of developers have been testing in the closed beta.. character creation? or how the ships look and how shiny the skins are?"

Probably, as the way the game looks is kind of important, not every Dev works on the same thing!

"As somebody else stated.. when a game ist starting to ask money for the game, you have every right to criticise the state of the game. I think criticism will get more harsh every time the game goes off for a few hours every day."

I would rather it go down daily for a few hours and have the devs actively fix what is specifically wrong with the game at that point rather than it go down once a week for half a day to fix it after its been breaking the game for days.

"I honestly feel sorry for the ppl who paid 40 euro for this game and are in the same timezone as i am coz the servers go down for maintenance on the same time. I know i am gonna wait spending money on this game to see how this is gonna work out. I do think that asking money for the game at this point is/was too soon."

admittedly i dont know what time-zone your in but its an annoying time for me too (UK) BUT i would rather they fix the game than leave it broken.
Also they are not asking for money, They give you the option to buy into the beta. there's plenty of free codes knocking about.

"We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial -carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won." - Justicar Alaric

May 4, 2016, 6:01 p.m.

You miss the point- no one is blaming Team for bugs and server issues, I bet most people here are perfectly fine with them- it is beta after all and it is for devs to find and eliminate problems. What is weird in all that is that maintenance is again in time when many people can actually log into the game and play (even for US players server downtime hours are unfortunate). Adjust maintenance times and all will be fine- it's not like server crashes just started today and got everyone by surprise

May 4, 2016, 6:10 p.m.

Why can't they fix issues and then upload the fixed version I remember Nosgoth did that... But, I am glad that devs are taking care of this game with a good pace, thanks

May 4, 2016, 6:10 p.m.

well it is a EU developer (germany) so there maintenance may fall in inconvenient times for those in NA . the one thing they can do is better communicated downtime with there social outlets , (forums, launcher,Twitter) i found out about this one during the live stream that right after they had a scheduled a maintenance . A little more notice would go a long way . these are improvements to there system they can do .
i wish the launcher had a notifier on server status as well

May 4, 2016, 6:30 p.m.

QuePan#1326 posted (#post-30931)
i wish the launcher had a notifier on server status as well

It does say when the server is under maintenance in the largest panel. But I agree with most people here, some forewarning would be best.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.