FORUMS

Ship class

Posted: //
March 8, 2015, 6:48 p.m.

I was wondering if the players will be able to get different "hulls" in each class, and if more class are planned.

For exemple, you have the scout (or Corvette) class, and you'll be able to choose beetwen one ship with more armor at the cost of less speed or vice versa.
Or if we can push customization even further, choose the hull appearance, and then modify the stats indepedently (with parts or something similar, but which aren't visible in game).

Aside from the customization, I would like to see more class in game, to give more tactical oppotunities.
One class I was thinking of is "The Carrier" :
This ship as somewhat average stats, and have little direct combat capability. It mainly relies on it's ability to deploy different devices, drones or little spaceships to help on the field. Like turrets and mines.

Post your suggestions and your ship class ideas if you have some too !

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

March 8, 2015, 8:05 p.m.

A mine layer loadout for the Tactical Cruiser would be sweet.

A few other players I spoke with at PAX South were hoping for a Carrier class ship too.

March 9, 2015, 8:50 a.m.

Some moths ago, when I discover this game, they said that idea was to release the game with 15 ships (3 ships for every class).

So yes, if anything has changed, we should get different hulls for every class =)

March 10, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

Updated //
March 10, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-378)

I was wondering if the players will be able to get different "hulls" in each class, and if more class are planned.

For exemple, you have the scout (or Corvette) class, and you'll be able to choose beetwen one ship with more armor at the cost of less speed or vice versa.
Or if we can push customization even further, choose the hull appearance, and then modify the stats indepedently (with parts or something similar, but which aren't visible in game).

Aside from the customization, I would like to see more class in game, to give more tactical oppotunities.
This ship as somewhat average stats, and have little direct combat capability. It mainly relies on it's ability to deploy different devices, drones or little spaceships to help on the field. Like turrets and mines.

We know already that every class has subclasses,like the 3 dreadnoughts i saw already on youtube videos,the only thing we don't know yet is about visual customization..

"The First Of His Name"

March 10, 2015, 9:48 p.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-378)

Same idea here .

March 10, 2015, 11:40 p.m.

Through energy management, we already see speed/shield/strength trade-off.

If breeds exist within each class, I'd like to see it affect available field of attack and attack methods.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

March 15, 2015, 5:26 p.m.

I like both of these ideas. A Carrier would fit my own request that they increase the size of their battles and implement more strategy. Having Drone Ships flying about dealing slight damage or popping off missiles before they crash into you would be a great boon to your team.

On secondary note I also approve of the Hull choice idea. I think the type of hull should be interchangable. Perhaps a strengthened Bow for Harder Rammings but as a trade off your turning speed is lowered. This would create a variety of playstyles and give even more strategic Value in teams.

"Life is the only thing worth taking, everything else can be bought with credits."

March 20, 2015, 5:46 a.m.

As Stiefel pointed out in the Carrier Thread the Dreadnought can equip fighter bays to launch fighters from. And are currently testing mines and other placed abilities.

As far as different hulls each class will have different hulls with in that class dubbed subclasses. So the Zemy is just one of the Dreadnoughts in the Dreadnought class. The differences between the subclasses included weight/mobility, health/hull integrity, and their primary weapon. Some of the Dreadnoughts fire faster and move faster but at the cost of hull integrity/armor. This is the same with all five classes. They will each have variations/subclasses.

Joshua "Dark_Fox_" Morrison
3D Artist, YAGER

March 20, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

Thank you for the answer !

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

July 8, 2016, 3:15 p.m.

Carrier class, probably would have between 30k health and 20k health (heavy and light), 75% damage reduction, and about as fast as an arty but meant for tactical operations to support the allies (as a carrier does normally)

'Sir what are you doing'
'I have NO IDEA but I hope it works'

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.