FORUMS

List of Weapon ranges?

Posted: //
May 5, 2016, 4:34 p.m.

Just trying to learn the game but wish I could look at a weapon and see it's effective range and max range. So far I'm learning by going into practice mode but it would be nice if I had an easy way to see this information. Unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible.

"I haven't lost an arm, brother. It's right over there."

May 5, 2016, 6:04 p.m.

I would like this as well. A reading for optimal range would be greatly appreciated, the bar system is a bit bleh.

"There are some who may question my authority to end billions of lives, but those who truly understand realize that I have no right to let them live"
-Inquisitor Horst upon ordering an Exterminatus.

May 5, 2016, 6:40 p.m.

If you talking about main and secondary guns, if your crosshair is red you are in optimal dmg range, and yellow crosshair is reduced dmg (and blue you dont aim at a target or your target is out of range)

May 5, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

And that information is listed in the hangar on the.... NOPE, nothing there. Only way to test is going into battle.

Which is exactly the problem people are asking for the devs to address.

Yes, you can see it fine IN BATTLE, but it needs to be more clear OUTSIDE of battle. Like... when you're considering which ship to buy.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 6, 2016, 9:33 a.m.

Updated //
May 6, 2016, 9:37 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-31609)

And that information is listed in the hangar on the.... NOPE, nothing there. Only way to test is going into battle.

Yes, you can see it fine IN BATTLE, but it needs to be more clear OUTSIDE of battle. Like... when you're considering which ship to buy.

For now it looks like I'll just use practice mode to write down what each Main and secondary weapon does. These vague bars are useless since it's difficult to understand my effective ranges and just as if not more important the range of my opponents.

After that it's up to me keep tabs on the patch notes for any future changes, although hopefully they change it to show a useful number 2.5-5k or 3.5-7k

"I haven't lost an arm, brother. It's right over there."

June 13, 2016, 8:25 p.m.

This. I HATE not knowing what something does before making a purchase. I want 100% clear and listed stats on everything. The bars are the most irritating and inconsistent things, they appear to be completely arbitrary and do not in any way reflect the actual range you get, especially when it comes to secondary weapons.

June 13, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

June 13, 2016, 11:29 p.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-31609)

They will probably do it eventually,we have biggest problems to deal with at this state,lots of bugs yet to counter.

"The First Of His Name"

June 14, 2016, 8:37 a.m.

This might help - but not sure of its accuracy at present - but accurate enough to be of some use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GyC5BDcNgH22XqR1ybG0TVBTXuYAP7FLVnwOUVrmclQ/edit#gid=1345291269

Just do it.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.