FORUMS

Fleet Carriers

Posted: //
May 24, 2015, 9:41 a.m.

Tuxpenguino#6878 posted (#post-3060)
You could have an ability where the carrier IS the fleet or support craft. Not only do you launch attack craft, but your ultimate, if you will, could break the ship(s) into 4 or five cruiser type ships that could attack on multiple fronts. (the 3 or 4 ships the player is not controling would be ai driven, and the player could switch controls back and forth between all of them by changing the view.

Something like the Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode of the Prometheus in Star Trek Voyager? This would be awesome.

Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07eyG5l7dVE&feature=youtu.be&t=30

Feb. 1, 2016, 11:25 p.m.

If you look at World of Warships or Steel Ocean the carriers can act kind of like that especially the way the planes work and how they rearm and refuel also the fact that you have a limited number of fighters,torps, or dive bombers in stock. So you would only have so many to a group and you will have only a certain amount in reserve to replace the planes that you lost.

When one nuke doesn't work you aren't using enough of them.

Feb. 2, 2016, 7:05 a.m.

IT ARIIIIISES ! \o/

Carrier will never die !

@Hellfire
As you can read previously in this thread the Dreadnought class can actually have a fighter bay ability.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

Feb. 2, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2016, 9:24 a.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-14238)

IT ARIIIIISES ! \o/

Carrier will never die !

@Hellfire
As you can read previously in this thread the Dreadnought class can actually have a fighter bay ability.

Yeap,and the holes where broadside cannons normally are,are the hangars.But you use your fleet as an ability and can command them to defence or attack only,you dont have more intervation with em(to be honest i prefer it that way,and not the way carriers in WOT are,cause its about those big ships,if you want fighters you can play team elimination smile )

"The First Of His Name"

Feb. 27, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 27, 2016, 5:57 p.m.

I was about to post about this concept, but did a search first and found this. So bumping to the front.

I'm thinking more the World of Warships model of control. The AI does okay on it's own, but you still take a certain degree of control on the fighters.

Hopefully we can get a developer update on the status of such a feature... of course I could have simply missed such an update... oh wait... four more pages to check through. I'll post anyhow and edit later.

EDIT: Okay, after a very quick review of the thread, I don't think it should be on a Dreadnought itself... the ability to launch some really small drones or small fighters perhaps, but a carrier should have something a tad better than those in Team Elimination mode.

March 11, 2016, 9:24 p.m.

The current fighters are completely useless

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-411)

I forget when, but I think previously a developer said that, on the dreadnought class, the "nuke attack" could be swapped with the ability to launch small fighters.

Don't know if this is still true, but I really hope.

"We are surrounded ... good we can fire in any direction"

April 27, 2016, 8:21 a.m.

wipes away tears this is a beautiful thread think it could be a cool new element brought to the table

The sexual tension between a Dreadnought and a Tactical Cruiser.
Dreadnought: HEAL ME!
Tactical Cruiser: Make me.

April 27, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

I really liked the Idea previous mentioned in this Subject, with a single AI controlled Carrier or Station for each team, static and sending out waves of bombers and fighters which start fighting each other, and the players try to push the waves to the enemys base. Similar to LoL or Overwatch. I guess it would be pretty cool to fight over the wavecontrol and the decision between supporting your wave or figthing the enemy team.

Remeber, starboard always goes before larboard!
But: Bigger ships before the small ones smile !

April 27, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

Koelschjunge#8365 posted (#post-24368)

I really liked the Idea previous mentioned in this Subject, with a single AI controlled Carrier or Station for each team, static and sending out waves of bombers and fighters which start fighting each other, and the players try to push the waves to the enemys base. Similar to LoL or Overwatch. I guess it would be pretty cool to fight over the wavecontrol and the decision between supporting your wave or figthing the enemy team.

I would venture to say that we'll see things like that eventually. It's just Deathmatch and Elimination right now, but they've said they want to add more game modes.

Born to ride the storm description

April 27, 2016, 3:13 p.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

Polarissb#3313 posted (#post-24369)

I would venture to say that we'll see things like that eventually. It's just Deathmatch and Elimination right now, but they've said they want to add more game modes.

Yes, hopefully. The only question is what kind of new gameplay modes they bring in. And if they involve Fleet Carriers

Remeber, starboard always goes before larboard!
But: Bigger ships before the small ones smile !

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.