FORUMS

Key Bindings on Mice

Posted: //
Jan. 15, 2017, 2:26 a.m.

Is there not support for more multi button mice? Like I use the
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/optical-gaming-mouse-g400

And it only has 2 extra side buttons + the scroll wheel up and down. Are such things not supported? If not I would very much like there to be!
Currently I'm trying to find a work around to the combat wheel being extremely sensitive to movements (every time I get ambushed by a corvette and try to quickly raise shields it goes to weapons instead) but I can't seem to bind anything to my mouse's extra buttons? It only sees left, right and middle click (but no roll).

Jan. 15, 2017, 5:49 a.m.

I noticed that too.... but I have to say one thing. I'm using my mouse software to change mouse buttons to keyboard buttons and in dreadnought I change it to that button

OH AND

MICE MICE MICE MICE MICE MICE MICE MICE ...

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Jan. 15, 2017, 8:25 a.m.

I use Naga Hex myself - there are 6 buttons on the side. Well, one of those side buttons stopped working a long time ago, as well as middle click button.

But there's an utility tool called "Razer Synapse", where you can rebind any of your mouse buttons (as well as main mouse functions, like double left click) to any other mouse buttons. Like you can force the mouse to do the double click, while pressing side button 3.

Also it allows map your side buttons with keyboard functions - like side buttons 1-6 tied to keyboard f1-f6. Or even keyboard combos - like ctrl+c on middle click.

What I'm saying, your Logitech mouse should have similar tool - so you can rebind your side buttons to be a keyboard functions, like 0-9 numpad, or whatever you see fit for this.

In short - this stuff can be bypassed.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Jan. 15, 2017, 9:08 a.m.

yeah im being forced to use the mouse software to rempa buttons

i got the corsair m65 pro and i use the sniper button as the button to change shields etc

Jan. 15, 2017, 12:05 p.m.

If possible just bind the F# buttons to your mouse, so it functions like a keyboard input.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 15, 2017, 3:14 p.m.

I dont have either of those mice i did find this program that will work on pretty much anything that's running windows'

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Jan. 16, 2017, 5:57 a.m.

i have a num lock keypad i may install and keep near the mouse so can quickly just press 1-4 not sure i like using all the small buttons on mouse

Jan. 16, 2017, 6:05 a.m.

I'm not sure I'd classify using your mouse specific software as being "forced" to do anything...it's a useful function and allows you to basically work around their lack of keybinding issues nicely. (let alone perform entirely different game useful functions via macro) (example: setting up a mouse button to auto fire for oberon arty ships so you don't have to wear out a mouse spam clicking, and driving the wife nuts from the constant insanely rapid click click click click click click)

That said, yep binding issues exist... cuz - beta. Likely not super high on the priority list just yet, hence the lack of fixes. No doubt it will be fixed eventually as that's something every single user is going to have a say about eventually beyond the few that stick to defaults.

Jan. 16, 2017, 10:56 a.m.

for you logitech users...simply use the G series software to map the buttons as you see fit then make sure they coordinate to the keys in game. or open the in game key bindings and set them to the keys you prefer on your mouse.

I use a G700s mouse. top three buttons are power to: shields, weapons engines.
side four buttons are a PTT and a cancel for the top three buttons. one is a swap weapons button.

the keys are already bound in game to basic keys.
Logitech software allows for macros to be bound to keys, im sure razer stuff is similar. Its not rocket science guys...just use the software given to you by the manufacturer of your gaming peripherals.

Covenant of the phoenix is recruiting! www.cotp.info (make account and apply)
Live streaming and gameplay videos!
https://www.twitch.tv/starrskream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wU_kKCaRXyc1KuxfsUGoA

Jan. 18, 2017, 5:38 a.m.

im not liking moving my fingers away from wsad to press 1-, often come back to wsad and im miss keying.
but dont feel i can have them and my wheel selection all on the mouse so maybe ill have to play with ideas

use e for wheel selection, thrust etc and set mouse buttons to my weapons or add the thrust etc to my mouse buttons and then just keep using 1-4

hhmm

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.