FORUMS

IMPORTANT: Dreadnought on Mac?

Posted: //
May 6, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

Hello! I have been introduced to this game by some of my friends and I want to really purchase this game, but i have this small dilemma. I am a Mac user and I know, its not used for gaming, but its what I got. So, my question is; if i bought a founders key TODAY, would i be able to play on my mac? Please reply to this thread if you have an answer.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

• Healinq

May 6, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

Not going to happen any time soon if ever, the middleware they use doesn't support OSX or Linux.

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 13, 2016, 3:43 p.m.

So Let's Say I Maybe Didn't See That Bit About It Not Being A Mac Game. When Would I (as a mac user) Be Able To Play?

May 13, 2016, 5:16 p.m.

For all intents and purposes never.
It works OK on bootcamp tho

Don't get mad - git gud.

Aug. 21, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

They use some middleware that does not support Mac or Linux? I am not aware how many Mac users play games, but I think there is a bunch of them and I am sad if greybox is not working on such a solution (look at steam!)

Dec. 29, 2016, 7:39 a.m.

They use Unreal Engine, it should be no Problem to export it also as Mac Version if it is the Unreal Engine 4. !! Maybe !! Didn't know the exact structure of the game but the engine supports it.

Dec. 29, 2016, 12:31 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 29, 2016, 12:35 p.m.

I use a macbook pro(mid2015)
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

it would play this gave very well.

Sadly most macbooks will not play any games well. that is why most games do not get ported. Because doing so would incur the companies producing them endless complaints about not working.
If you have a macbook, boot camp is pre-installed, or if an older macbook you will need to download it. Just buy a copy of windows 10, partition your hard drive(typically in half) and boot to windows to play games on your macbook.
Id recommend getting a fan control app(SMC fancontrol works very well.) when playing games crank up the fans, your macbook WILL GET HOT.

I have never played dreadnought on my macbook, I'm always on my PC.

Covenant of the phoenix is recruiting! www.cotp.info (make account and apply)
Live streaming and gameplay videos!
https://www.twitch.tv/starrskream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wU_kKCaRXyc1KuxfsUGoA

Feb. 4, 2017, 9:29 a.m.

Starrskream#0182 posted (#post-84580)

I use a macbook pro(mid2015)
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5
16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

it would play this gave very well.

Sadly most macbooks will not play any games well. that is why most games do not get ported. Because doing so would incur the companies producing them endless complaints about not working.
If you have a macbook, boot camp is pre-installed, or if an older macbook you will need to download it. Just buy a copy of windows 10, partition your hard drive(typically in half) and boot to windows to play games on your macbook.
Id recommend getting a fan control app(SMC fancontrol works very well.) when playing games crank up the fans, your macbook WILL GET HOT.

I have never played dreadnought on my macbook, I'm always on my PC.
I have a mac to, and my friend has been saying that i should add the windows 10 whatever thing to my computer. But Just one question, how the freak do you do that???

May 25, 2017, 9:59 p.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2017, 10 p.m.

I would likely spend plenty on this game. Needs to be mac or steam though. PC is bleh...

holds breath

May 25, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

Oh. If only development resources were limitless.

Personally I'm hoping to watch constant improvement on the platforms GB has chosen to support. And hey, in the fullness of time, who knows?

Software Engineering: Where quality is job 1.1

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.