FORUMS

MorallyGray: Concerning Logistics and General Criticism.

Posted: //
May 8, 2016, 10:29 p.m.

Hello there, my name is Gray. I recently got my hands on dreadnought via friend invite, and boy i am happy to be playing this game. Love you GreyBox Devs. I had some thoughts concerning the current state of support logi cruisers and just some general criticism of the current game. Instead of writing a massive wall of text i figured a video would be more effective, so i went ahead and did that.

https://youtu.be/PN_yjShG1-4 Quality is as high as i can make it right now, i need better recording software, i know.

Ill be uploading more content regarding dreadnought in the coming week, so if you feel like subing, im not going to fight you on that. I've been juggling ideas with my friends on what we could do to address the pointless secondary weapons on the corvette and logi, and additional primary weapon ideas on every class. Id love to hear any thoughts the Devs or the public have about my ideas. Its likely some of my issues have already been addressed for future patches, but this is my first post and i honestly cant be assed digging through the forums to find out, be kind please.

Love you all, and i hope to farm you in my corvette.

Gray.
Fly Safe. o7.

May 9, 2016, 1:14 a.m.

Interesting opinion, cant say I agree with most of it so here is some constructive criticism.

If your going to logi it up you HAVE to learn two things, 1) how to heal and be aware of the teams positioning 2) how to set up a ship for peak performance. You mention being able to automatically heal ships around you, its a module called "repair auto beams" and it works wonders.

You mention and show yourself "corvetting it up" but never show a tractor pod or mention how much of a pain they are for corvettes. Yes its a primary ability but it will generate a corvette death, even if its at the cost of a healer. I did like your mention of people who are absolutely blind to whats going on around them and what their team is telling them.

Finally its pretty obvious, your below level 25 and do not have access to the hero ship "Kali". Once a player gains access to this ship the entire game of healing changes. You can spend 2-8 seconds healing a ship up and then look around at the team, rinse repeat over and over.

May 9, 2016, 1:42 a.m.

Yeah the kali and heavy repair beam alleviates most of your concerns with the tacticals as just need to press f3 and look at someone and are back to full, the emergency evac is a godsend as pop it and 9/10 times you no longer register as a target an can heal team again after a second or two. Because of that you do gain tactical awareness and I've yet to be hit by a Corvette ambush since and you can deny any free kill very easily and have a nasty tank when done your shied.

May 9, 2016, 2 a.m.

Updated //
May 9, 2016, 2:06 a.m.

Corvettes aren't an issue, you had some easy pray on newbies that don't know how to play the game GL pulling that off on even a mediocre team even when they are distracted.

Healers are balanced around information management if you are getting tunnel vision it's your own fault, improve your play instead of suggesting things like auto targeting on the main beams.

You should communicate with the team and sacrifice healing efficiency for additional information at times; it's not a coincidence that the further you are the more information but you also heal less it's a conscious design choice.

Learn to heal multiple targets by knowing when to switch focus and by employing the correct modules, I've seen plenty of healers sticking to a DN's rear and continue healing during armor amp when they could easily have saved some one else in their team simply because they can't focus on anything but bars (which is why pretty much everyone with any shred of experience objected to bars in the first place because they induce tunnel vision) and for the love of god Tac's are the corvette hunters not the other way around.

The video is nice and all in terms of production quality and the overall attitude and approach are appreciated but the opinions presented are simply objectively incorrect.

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 9, 2016, 2:20 a.m.

Healing beams eat vettes for breakfast. Just saying.

May 9, 2016, 4:13 a.m.

Well that's all fair points, and it might be noobs, although they tend to be higher level than myself constantly, perhaps my mind will change over time. I agree that tractors and the like are good counters and that repair drones exist, so perhaps these fix this, one thing i have yet to do is play this as a serious team, if anyone would be interested in grouping up id love to see what I'm wrong about first hand. currently im powering towards lvl 25 and ill probs be there by the end of the night. im so keen to use that T3 destroyer, it looks hilarious.

Time will tell.

May 9, 2016, 4:39 a.m.

On a side note i don't think the repair beams should be an unlock, it really should be a feature.

May 9, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

Just because.....I am also a Gray THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

May 9, 2016, 11:27 a.m.

I guess you must be the Immoral version.

May 9, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

Updated //
May 9, 2016, 1:28 p.m.

MorallyGray#0031 posted (#post-33023)

Well that's all fair points, and it might be noobs, although they tend to be higher level than myself constantly, perhaps my mind will change over time. I agree that tractors and the like are good counters and that repair drones exist, so perhaps these fix this, one thing i have yet to do is play this as a serious team, if anyone would be interested in grouping up id love to see what I'm wrong about first hand. currently im powering towards lvl 25 and ill probs be there by the end of the night. im so keen to use that T3 destroyer, it looks hilarious.

Time will tell.

There are no tiers in this game all ships are equal but different regardless of when you unlock them.
Chum is chum regardless of level and it's a bit ironic that you call other people newbies smile

Repair drones are useless, I would think it's wise to save any "opinions" until one had at least about 100 games as part of a competitive team because frankly none of what you say makes sense to us.

Don't get mad - git gud.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.