FORUMS

Dreadnought Logo Render

Posted: //
March 12, 2015, 1:12 p.m.

Chip! You're the man! May I ask permission to use this on my twitch stream? I was going to spend a bit of time doing the logo today, but you beat me to it! :D

"....Hohoholy cow, this isn't where I parked my car."

March 12, 2015, 1:17 p.m.

GrillMeACheese#9323 posted (#post-678)

Chip! You're the man! May I ask permission to use this on my twitch stream? I was going to spend a bit of time doing the logo today, but you beat me to it! :D

Of course! It's for all to use!

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 15, 2015, 5:26 p.m.

It take me some time, but the logo for Steam Squad "The Outlaws" is done =D

March 15, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-921)

The one thing you may want to do is fix the lighting / 3D look. Right now you just have the letters placed but it will look a little weird because the way the lighting with the original image was. In the original image the lighting was coming from the user's point of view, giving it the highlights on the inside of the letters as you go out each side. When you try to just take the letters and use them for something else it will look weird because the human brain will know the lighting isn't correct just by looking at it. The other thing you could do to fix it is just cut out the front faces of each letter and get rid of the 3D aspect of the logo, fastest and easiest way to make it look better. Just a suggestion.

March 16, 2015, 7:01 a.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-925)

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-921)

The one thing you may want to do is fix the lighting / 3D look. Right now you just have the letters placed but it will look a little weird because the way the lighting with the original image was. In the original image the lighting was coming from the user's point of view, giving it the highlights on the inside of the letters as you go out each side. When you try to just take the letters and use them for something else it will look weird because the human brain will know the lighting isn't correct just by looking at it. The other thing you could do to fix it is just cut out the front faces of each letter and get rid of the 3D aspect of the logo, fastest and easiest way to make it look better. Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the tips!
Considering that I mostly use Gimp (and not even half of it's features), can you suggest me a program to deal with the lighting/3D part of my "compositions"?

March 18, 2015, 3:21 p.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 3:22 p.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-936)

Thank you for the tips!
Considering that I mostly use Gimp (and not even half of it's features), can you suggest me a program to deal with the lighting/3D part of my "compositions"?

Apologies for the late reply! Was typing up a reply a few days and had to run to class so forgot to post it. If you don't have access to Photoshop you could try using pixlr though I've never used it myself.

Easiest thing to do is to cut off the areas of each letter that show the sides, for example the right highlighted side of the E's and A, and then use image adjustments or the burn/dodge tools to correct the highlights and shadow across all the letters so it looks like a flat image with only one light source.

Making it look 3D using extrusion like the original logo is kind of difficult without Photoshop as pixlr doesn't have any 3D features. I'll see what I can do for you in Photoshop once I get out of class today and post it here.

March 18, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 4:30 p.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-1111)

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-936)

Thank you for the tips!

Apologies for the late reply! Was typing up a reply a few days and had to run to class so forgot to post it. If you don't have access to Photoshop you could try using pixlr though I've never used it myself.

Easiest thing to do is to cut off the areas of each letter that show the sides, for example the right highlighted side of the E's and A, and then use image adjustments or the burn/dodge tools to correct the highlights and shadow across all the letters so it looks like a flat image with only one light source.

Making it look 3D using extrusion like the original logo is kind of difficult without Photoshop as pixlr doesn't have any 3D features. I'll see what I can do for you in Photoshop once I get out of class today and post it here.

Do not worry: I too had/have issues on work, so much that I didn't check forum and the Steam group for a while.
Thank you for the infos: I am not much in graphic knowledge, but learn something new is always good, right ;-) ? So do not trouble yourself: I'll find a way to make it better =)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.