FORUMS

Frigate type ships?

Posted: //
Jan. 17, 2017, 12:20 p.m.

I was playing the closed beta and enjoying it a lot when i ran into an idea. I saw corvettes destroying all cruisers and even other corvettes with ease since most cant fight back well when ambushed.i then thought about corvettes and cruisers, remembering that star wars and mass effect had Frigate type ships. It could be as fast as a cruiser with the fire power of a corvette, almost like a designated defense for tac cruisers. I hope that they add something like this in the game before it fully comes out.

Jan. 17, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

Swedishbeans#6389 posted (#post-94926)

I was playing the closed beta and enjoying it a lot when i ran into an idea. I saw corvettes destroying all cruisers and even other corvettes with ease since most cant fight back well when ambushed.i then thought about corvettes and cruisers, remembering that star wars and mass effect had Frigate type ships. It could be as fast as a cruiser with the fire power of a corvette, almost like a designated defense for tac cruisers. I hope that they add something like this in the game before it fully comes out.

The tactical cruisers are meant as corvette defense, at least the light and medium, as their beams are hard to dodge.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 17, 2017, 1:19 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-94928)

The tactical cruisers are meant as corvette defense, at least the light and medium, as their beams are hard to dodge.

Yes, i saw that but even playing with "higher" ranked players, the tac cruisers focus on healing the bigger ships or the other ships being attacked. I was just putting out a suggestion for another ship class since i also think the limited choices could be a little dry after a bit.

Jan. 17, 2017, 1:38 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 17, 2017, 1:44 p.m.

"Tac defender" is somewhat really poor in fun, possibilities and gameplay.

Jan. 17, 2017, 2:01 p.m.

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-94937)

"Tac defender" is somewhat really poor in fun, possibilities and gameplay.

True. I guess they could give it another role such as giving it a group warping or maybe they could just impliment a fighter carrier that could launch squads for its attacks. Idk i would like to see this game go far in all aspects.

Jan. 20, 2017, 4:43 p.m.

The light tactical cruiser is the ship you are looking for. Instead of packing heal beams, it has murder beams and its role is to shoot down corvettes. Sadly the light cruiser family is under tuned in just about every regard, so there is very little point in playing them. You cant even call it a glass cannon since its damage is middling at best, the only time it does any respectable damage is for the few seconds you can keep your beam intensifier up while putting damage to weapons. Inversely, having the mighty Healtato on your team might as well be a win condition.

I think the fact that players are asking if there is a ship to do the job that the light cruisers are supposed to be meant for is pretty good sign that they are currently in need of some love

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.