FORUMS

Grinding through this Dola ship for my koshei is HORRIBLE

Posted: //
Jan. 19, 2017, 10:52 a.m.

I just wanted to toss that out there, the Dola cant hit anything properly unless you can lick the enemies windshield. It cant move fast enough to do so either. its a sitting duck. and you end up at the bottom of the match most of the time, unless there is superb teamplay, which cant be expect on a PUB match.

I just wanted to play a Koshei healer (which i played pre-shipyard), and the whole grind to get it is just ridiculous, more so then many other paths. for example, you have to unlock less modules to unlock a harwich!

its almost at a point where I'm just not feeling like playing anymore. at least make every ship I have to go through somewhat viable to use...

Tweak its stats, pretty please with cream on top?

Jan. 20, 2017, 5:24 a.m.

70k xp and 60k credits to go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKq69sB27o

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Jan. 20, 2017, 9:09 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 20, 2017, 9:15 a.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-96432)

70k xp and 60k credits to go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKq69sB27o

So accurate smile

In general I think it is bad for the game that you have to grind ship classes you hate in order to get to classes you want. Why not offer us the full range of ships for every manufacturer from tier 1? That would also give you some choice instead of all recruit matches (and still a fair bit of veteran) being "i only play class x to get class y"

Jan. 20, 2017, 6:28 p.m.

lol that youtube link is so accurate.

The grinding wouldnt be so bad if atleast the ship was viable for its tier. but in this case, it just isnt.

Jan. 21, 2017, 10:19 p.m.

I just started doing the whole T3 grind thing, and whoa.

The thing that makes it so awful is that you have no idea what you're buying. You have no way to compare your options with each other. You have no way of refunding purchases. I spent several hours and 20k credits on the Palos only to find out it couldn't even heal!

And to top it all off, every T3 ship I've tried feels extremely ineffectual. The guns have absurd spread. They are stupid slow. The default modules are really bad for their roles (No warp jump on the DOLA, REALLY?). And they are incredibly worse than the T4 counterparts. One guy in a good T4 dread or destroyer will just shreck everyone on your team, and T4 heavy cruisers will outheal your DPS and tank all of your damage.

It's really disappointing. If the game wasn't like this before "progression 2.0" then I have no idea what they were thinking. This system is designed to make people quit after they've played for a week.

Jan. 22, 2017, 8:33 a.m.

Ha, so accurate. I enjoyed my time in T1 and 2, but yeah, T3 rears it's ugly head and hoo boy....

Work Buy Consume Die

Jan. 22, 2017, 9:25 a.m.

paradoxequation#7188 posted (#post-97063)

It's really disappointing. If the game wasn't like this before "progression 2.0" then I have no idea what they were thinking. This system is designed to make people quit after they've played for a week.

This system is a little weird compared to what they had before when I last was playing a lot. It was cool being able to experiment with different loadouts and change weapons around.

Jan. 22, 2017, 10:14 a.m.

@p.e

T3's are competitive against T4's

It's just that most really good players are already flying their T4's and those are the ones you sometimes encounter in matches wrecking faces with 10++ KD ratios in their T4 ships.

But to be honest, they can wreck casuals in their T2's versus our T3's just the same.

For average and above average pilots, you shouldn't feel handicapped too much going up against 1 tier up. As long as you don't 1v1 duel stat them you should be able to contribute alot to your team.

I can argue this to be the case even flying a T1 in Veteran matches.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Jan. 22, 2017, 1:07 p.m.

The other T3s I've used are at least somewhat useful.
The Dola? Not so much...

Its primaries feel like your throwing rocks.

Jan. 23, 2017, 5:29 a.m.

I got that Dola too and I got it fully unlocked just of now.
I had some games where I could rock,
but it's on kinda rare occasions.
If you try to get with plasmaram and torpedoes, I got a bad message for you.
I go with the Weapon-Breaker and the Scrambler-Pulse + Rockets and the Module-Reload + that Weapon Briefing
With that equipment I can IN SOME RARE MOMENTS!!! get close enough, without being shot to ribbons
in the first few seconds, and down those opponents that have enough stopping power to down me 4 km away...

At a CQB the dola can excel if not targeted. And the enemy does not run away...

That so promoted sturdiness of the dola is a joke in my oppinion..
Any other destroyer will kill me if I do not cover my caboose asap.
Any corvette not... enough to fly directly straight at me will down me
for my weaponspread is horrible.
And I do not have to start about dreadnoughts and arty do I?

As I see it they fixed the weaponspread at the t3 light destroyer but ignored the fact
that the Dola has the same problem. For your weapons to hit with all shells you need to be
rly close and with your speed, you just can't do that in the most cases.

"We are just here to die! So do it with pride!" -Cpt. of a Dola destroyer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.