FORUMS

Grinding through this Dola ship for my koshei is HORRIBLE

Posted: //
Jan. 24, 2017, 4:01 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 24, 2017, 4:02 a.m.

They really need to look at the Dola again. People say the problem is the ridiculous weapon spread, but I don't think the Dola was designed to be effective at medium to long range in the first place. It's meant to be a close range brawler: slow, tanky, high dps short range weapons.

The problem is, it just isn't tanky. At all. A few more thousand hp than other destroyers is useless if you have no modules to mitigate damage and are so bulky and slow that a blind man will hit you.

They would have to up its natural armor or give it some dreadnought modules (I'm thinking armor amplifier). Which might be a good chance to review the module system in general. Atm the ships merely differ in guns and stats, but every class has the exact same modules, regardless of manufacturer. It would be much more interesting (and might make stuff like T3 viable) if only certain ships had certain modules - and some would be spread around between classes.
For example, a Gravis might share some modules with the Destroyers while the Lorica sacrifices speed and killing power for extra tankiness both in stats and modules.

Imo that would be much more interesting than just having 3 lines per class in which each subsequent tier is simply flat out better than the previous one

KINE#3011 posted (#post-97214)

@p.e

T3's are competitive against T4's

They objectively aren't. "Sometimes able to kill them if the stars align" isn't "competitive".

I've also had T3 games where I topped the charts (not in the Dola of course smile) but that was equal parts luck and skill. T3 is just objectively worse in every way than its T4 counterpart, so given equal skill and teamplay, it just isn't competitive.

Jan. 24, 2017, 4:54 a.m.

I agree with you that the dola could be designed to CQB but the fact that it has not enough armor to get close and use those weapons to shred ppl is kinda useless..

I tend to just shot everything that moves close enough to earn some points.

"We are just here to die! So do it with pride!" -Cpt. of a Dola destroyer

Jan. 24, 2017, 10:06 a.m.

I'd be in favor of shuffling around modules between classes.

Especially if it's confined to T3 only making that tier unique.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Jan. 24, 2017, 11:13 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 24, 2017, 11:19 a.m.

Welp, made a new thread to discuss it:

Edit: But it looks like it got eaten by the forum software somehow smile. CBA to write it all up again right now

Jan. 24, 2017, 1:49 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKq69sB27o (C)

That's a quite accurate impression, as I'm going through bugged and severely underpowered Ballista to Onager >_<

"Hang in there!" (™)

Nov. 27, 2018, 3:20 a.m.

Grim Draken#5500 posted (#post-97166) said:

Ha, so accurate. I enjoyed my time in T1 and 2, but yeah, T3 rears it's ugly head and hoo boy....

honestly, tier 3 was the worst experience of my life but at least it was with one of my personal favorite ships the otranto. the grinding is the modt mind numbing thing in the world i ended up using free xp to buy my way through the modules but when i got to tier 4 it was all worth it...

Nov. 27, 2018, 11:13 a.m.

Hello,

The problem is that the Dola needs Officer Briefings to really do anything.

I actually had a pretty easy time getting all modules completely researched for it ( I went OCD for that Captain/Career bonus thing )

To best use this ship I recommend grinding for at least the Slow and Steady OB ( Chernoborg ) and Glass Cannon OB ( Nox )

You will not regret unlocking the Nox, I promise.

Glass Cannon will take advantage of the Tier III's already slightly better range allowing you to stay a little safer while providing sustained cover fire. Add the Weapon Boost module and you might be surprised how quickly you get through this ship.

Also unlock the Tier III storm missles asap > use them defensively ( when someone closes in to attack you )

I play on the PS4 meow

Nov. 27, 2018, 2:35 p.m.

I would suggest that you grind the Dola in a deathmatch where you should have some heal support. Stick in a goliath or maybe even tempest missles. You'll grind thru it fast enough. I would never recommend using the Dola in conquest where the point is to split up. It's too weak and slow.

Once the update hits where tier 3 is the top level in Veteran, the grind will be much easier. Tier 2 vs tier 3 actually sounds fun. You don't have to worry about assault blink warping vettes, etc.

Dec. 26, 2018, 5:47 p.m.

It's kinda funny, this pops up all the time. I want to play Koshei but Dola is awful. I think this game has some ships that play very differently from the rest of their class. For example Jutland, Dola, Palos and heavy corvettes. The heavy corvette took me the longest to understand, but now I love to play it. The Dola is pretty good, but it doesnt have many good builds. I used it very effectively as a secondary tank and support ship. So like a TAC you stay with the main dreadnought and his healer. This means you get also healing love, but are for most players not a primary target if you stay behind. Modules that are useful are energy generator and weaponbooster pulse. If you are under fire you can use energy for shields and when the dread gets pummeled you can use energy to weapons and booster pulse to help taking down enemies. Also you can guard and flak corvettes trying to kill the TAC. Or you might be able to move to the enemies TAC and flak it out. But this needs a lot of situational judgment. It is a good ship when there is teamplay, but if it's easy prey with suicidal chicken running around. The T4 "Blud" is a monster, and i had several matches with 15+ kills and 0 to few deaths. You can basically tank using energy generator, tanky briefings and your shield up with a healer support. You can fly up to a jutland and flak it in the face and there is nothing it can do.

Jan. 3, 2019, 7:12 a.m.

Hehe, I have 187k of xp on my Koshy already.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.