FORUMS

Game Mechanics

Posted: //
March 11, 2015, 11:10 p.m.

I don't know if anyone agrees with me about this, but I suppose that's why I'm bringing it up.

I would love to see the ability to 'roll' the ships. Allowing the player to orient themselves to present the smallest possible target to enemy fire. Another application could allow the dreadnought or another large ship to orient it's mass such that it can protect another, more vulnerable ship, shielding it from enemy fire.

March 12, 2015, 5:57 p.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

I do not see that been added to be fair looks like the ship is on a fixed axis and allowing it to spin around on its own axis seems like it would add little to the game over just turning sideways.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

March 12, 2015, 6:03 p.m.

I think this would be one of the coolest features to add to create even more strategic play. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be seeing it in the game :/ It might make it too difficult for some people and I don't think they want to deter anyone from the game.

Though easiest way for them to add it would be to change Q and E to be roll left / roll right and move switch weapons and energy management to different keybinds, maybe Z and X?

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 12, 2015, 6:11 p.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-759)

I think this would be one of the coolest features to add to create even more strategic play. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be seeing it in the game :/ It might make it too difficult for some people and I don't think they want to deter anyone from the game.

Though easiest way for them to add it would be to change Q and E to be roll left / roll right and move switch weapons and energy management to different keybinds, maybe Z and X?

It would be simple and easy to pick up if people have played a airplane game or say MWO where you have to turn the body one way and the legs another.

The only problem i see is most ships seem to be fairly wide and long so been able to turn on the axis would only make you a bigger target for the most part.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

March 12, 2015, 9:22 p.m.

Crossing the T to avoid the enemy's broadside? It'll be like Trafalgar but in space!

March 16, 2015, 10:46 p.m.

i could see that working out on smaller ships like the tacticals and corvettes, but i don't think a dreadnought should be able to roll, it's just too massive to do that....
also, don't the small jet fighters you can controll in elimination mode have a loop and a roll?

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.