FORUMS

One very weird fact.

Posted: //
May 12, 2016, 12:30 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 12:56 p.m.

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to report to you fellow captains one 'singular' situation I came across while playing.

What was so particular about this player? You may ask.

Well, that his ship health never went down! And, mind me, I am not speaking of a graphical bug of the health bar displaying it full while instead dropping. He really wasn't dying!

----READ the HALTS---

Halt! You may object that there were healers supporting him, indeed there was an Aion and a Koschei on his team.
Halt! You may object that the Koschei can go totally invisible. I know, and to exclude such possibility I have been waiting for both the Aion and the Koschei on his team to be dead before attacking him with my Kreshnik.

Kreshnik is the short range weaponry corvette, and I was practically under 100m from TryppyBryce, also no, there was no lag, no he was not moving and I've been shooting on the side of his ship so I could not miss him.

Now, I've been shooting all that I had on him, while he had no active shields, main guns, second guns, torpedoes and blast. Guess what? His health bar did not drop of an inch.

But it was not also me! I've noticed that also other players on my team could not cause any real damage!

Now, if it is not a bug on the health bar then I don't know what 'else' it could be.

Edited by Draex for privacy.

May 12, 2016, 12:33 p.m.

Apparently some of the defensive modules can be reliably bugged/exploited to cause invulnerability. I haven't figured out how to do it yet myself, but you encounter games where someone has figured it out. best thing to do? drop out of the game since there's no quitting penalty, and you'll get into a new game faster than the old one would have lasted.

"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you."

May 12, 2016, 12:48 p.m.

Aha! I knew there had to be some sort of trick for this =/

When I pointed it out into open match chat him, and his teammates started being very toxic too!

At the beginning of the match this TrippyBryce was about to die, when his life suddenly went from nearly 0 to full in an instant! And since that moment he's been invulnerable. He did not even bother to lift shields when being attacked!

May 12, 2016, 1:15 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 1:23 p.m.

Also had this happen to me multiple times, though on both a Corvette and a Dread, So that kinda leaves the questions as to if it's an exploit/bug or if someone is actually using a hack. I made a post about this as well though apparently naming the offending player is a "personal" attack against them. Well they personally smashed my team each time without any help from theirs! Hopefully if it truly is a bug it get's fixed fast. But exploiters should be treated as cheaters, warning for the first offence followed by a couple day ban to a perma ban. So far the Devs have been quiet about the issue which is a shame. I also experienced toxicity as soon as I called out the player, ALSO from his whole team. So the people doing it are obviously in groups and have zero to add to this community.

Devs! Fix this NOW. I've had it happen to me TWICE in the last 2 hours of playing.

May 12, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

Yeah I think there are a lot of bugs left to be ironed out, because I saw a destroyer moving faster then a corvette and go behind a building and come out the other side with full health (he was down to 1/4).

May 12, 2016, 2:01 p.m.

It wouldn't be so bad if a select amount of players used it, but it seems to be spreading, Just got out of a game where a tact cruiser wouldn't take any damage either, letting him farm points. He ended at almost 6k points.

May 12, 2016, 8:59 p.m.

I've had this happen twice now. Both times it was an invulnerable corvette.

It was not being healed. I was a tac cruiser using my beams and another destroyer was hitting the corvette. After the corvette was brought down to 1/4th health, no more damage was inflicted on it. After about 4 secs of constantly hitting the corvette, it ran off.

May 12, 2016, 11:02 p.m.

Corvette shields block 100% of damage, desperate measures restores 100% of energy and it procs at what do you know low health smile

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 12, 2016, 11:57 p.m.

I know about desperate measure module. I use it.

I would know if it activates when the their energy bar fills up, but it doesn't.

The shields were down and the energy bar was empty.

May 12, 2016, 11:59 p.m.

DOGMA, it's Health we're talking about, not shields. They go down fine, it's their health that does not move. Though today I encountered one of those hacking players, and he didn't seem to be using any this time. Though he was just as insulting to everyone.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.