FORUMS

One very weird fact.

Posted: //
May 13, 2016, 12:11 a.m.

Oh, my friend i am sorry to hear this experience.

May 13, 2016, 12:25 a.m.

Updated //
May 13, 2016, 12:26 a.m.

l3loodless#6326 posted (#post-34011)

DOGMA, it's Health we're talking about, not shields. They go down fine, it's their health that does not move. Though today I encountered one of those hacking players, and he didn't seem to be using any this time. Though he was just as insulting to everyone.

So about 4000~ games collectively across NSA members and not a single hacker in sight, yeah hmppff I would get an eye exam.

Lightner#0896 posted (#post-34010)

I know about desperate measure module. I use it.

I would know if it activates when the their energy bar fills up, but it doesn't.

The shields were down and the energy bar was empty.

Armor amp?

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 13, 2016, 6:52 a.m.

Updated //
May 13, 2016, 7:15 a.m.

@ DOGMA

There were no measures, in my case, that this player was taking to reduce/fend off the damage he was receiving.

His energy was always full because he never used it, and no graphical effects were shown because no defensive modules (armor boost and the kind) were being used on his side ( He was playing a Zmey class ship).

He simply stood in front of everyone, and he was being attacked from everyone on my team but he took no damage. His Health Wasn't dropping.

I repeat

His --- Health --- Was --- Not --- Dropping.

If any module to reduce incoming damage was being activated his Health Bar should have dropped some anyway, but it was not happening (despite 5 players shooting at him).

If he had shield his energy bar (and health bar) should have dropped, other than showing the graphical effect of the shield wrapping his ship. But it was not happening and there was no active shield surrounding his ship.

You, and those of the NSA have never come across such situation? Good, you've been lucky.

That means two things :

1) you've been lucky for having fought not (yet) against any of these supposed 'hackers'
2) Just because you, and those of the NSA have not encountered any of these supposed 'hackers' it doesn't mean that they do not exist ( We may suppose that they do not always recourse to this exploit)

Though I find it curious that you try to minimize/deny the reports of people here in this thread.
You legitimately have your doubts about this matter, I can understand that, there is lot of things to keep in consideration.

But the situation in my case was very clear.

May 13, 2016, 8:54 a.m.

Updated //
May 13, 2016, 8:55 a.m.

Hacker reports are like UFO's "everyone" has seen them but no one can produce any evidence, with at least 75% of the players running NVIDIA cards why has no one ever hit Alt+F9/Alt+Z and recorded this?

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 13, 2016, 9:14 a.m.

DOGMA#8169 posted (#post-34075)

Hacker reports are like UFO's "everyone" has seen them but no one can produce any evidence, with at least 75% of the players running NVIDIA cards why has no one ever hit Alt+F9/Alt+Z and recorded this?

I did not even know that NVIDIA cards could do that! ( I have got a GTX 690)

Anyway, I've downloaded and installed Bandicam. I am ready to film the proof should I ever happen to face the same situation again.

May 13, 2016, 5:30 p.m.

DOGMA#8169 posted (#post-34018)

Lightner#0896 posted (#post-34010)

I know about desperate measure module. I use it.

I would know if it activates when the their energy bar fills up, but it doesn't.

The shields were down and the energy bar was empty.

Armor amp?

No armor amp because the corvette had medium cloak. That's the only way it was able to sneak up on me. AFAIK corvettes can't have both cloak and armor amp abilities at the same time.
However, there is a bug that someone reported where the dreadnought had armor amp but was still able to warp. I'm wondering if the corvette was able to have a cloak and activate that armor amp also.

I initially thought I was lagging and the server did not update the real location to my client side. It happened a second time. I just chalked it up to a really weird and suspicious coincidence.

Then I see this thread and people with similar experiences so I dropped my comment in.

Thanks for the tip about Alt + F9.

May 13, 2016, 6:13 p.m.

DOGMA, When so many people report it why would you refuse to acknowledge it? Why would we all lie for that matter? It's pretty easy to see a HP hack/exploit. There is always a possibility that was we've all experienced is just a glitch in the game. But when calling out the players that do so, all I ever get is toxic insults. THAT is the main reason I feel it is hacking/ constant use of exploits.

May 13, 2016, 6:21 p.m.

Because out of 4000+ games that we had we've never seen it?
Because no one could provide any shred of evidence other than AMAGOD EXPLOITZZ?

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 13, 2016, 9:04 p.m.

Lol, but no one is saying that. Just because your squad has played 4000+ games really doesn't mean anything. Considering there are obviously a larger amount of players playing the game other then just your squad. Maybe it's seen in more lower tier play? Who knows. But I've seen it multiple times now. This isn't a lack of understanding, or someone crying wolf.

May 13, 2016, 9:49 p.m.

l3loodless#6326 posted (#post-34174)

Lol, but no one is saying that. Just because your squad has played 4000+ games really doesn't mean anything. Considering there are obviously a larger amount of players playing the game other then just your squad. Maybe it's seen in more lower tier play? Who knows. But I've seen it multiple times now. This isn't a lack of understanding, or someone crying wolf.

There are no tiers, and even low/zero ranks get matches with high/max ranks.
That aside, there are no hacks (yet).
Without a doubt there's an invincibility bug which I've seen 2 times so far (only on corvettes, trust me when I say they really where invincible). It's extremely rare (my total match count is around 1000 from alpha to beta, so 2 out of 1000 isn't a big deal) and most likely something caused by a lag, thus an error with the communication to the server.
The entire server traffic is said to be encrypted, given the moderate attention DN is gaining there won't be any hackers on that level around.
So yeah, I am 99,99% sure it was a bug. It's rare, but it happens.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.