FORUMS

Dreadnought Alpha/Beta Testing.

Posted: //
June 11, 2015, 1:55 p.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-3418)

Endzensor#6899 posted (#post-3417)

wow dreams come true .. since navyfield i search for somethin modern Option to go on!

Ive signed up account and Newsletter .. so is there some News i did not get ?

a captain would say : Whats the Status ?

Nope you haven't missed anything. Everyone is waiting for them to announce when beta will hit. Until then it's just a waiting game!

Well.. atleast that part appears to be unchanged xDD Started out as the elite of the forums (first 10-20 ppl to sign up), and went away for about 5 months due to graduation.. xD Nothings has changed.. any new videos of dreadnought I should be looking for?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

June 11, 2015, 3:59 p.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-3420)

Well.. atleast that part appears to be unchanged xDD Started out as the elite of the forums (first 10-20 ppl to sign up), and went away for about 5 months due to graduation.. xD Nothings has changed.. any new videos of dreadnought I should be looking for?

Just a couple ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-YJwfxg8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AGETyIaF2E

June 12, 2015, 3:28 a.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-3422)

Just a couple ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu-YJwfxg8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AGETyIaF2E

Thanks mate :)

I have to say that I personally still feel irritated because of those four ability icons on the top. Their style doesn't match the games style.. in my eyes the least xD

I think it's primairly because all icons are somewhat transparant and suddenly these icons have a solid bright blue background...

What about transparant background with white icon indicators?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

June 12, 2015, 4:43 p.m.

Those icons didn't bother me much. But I am sure that placement, shape and graphic will change a lot of times before we get our hands on the beta ;)

June 13, 2015, 2:48 a.m.

I signed up for the newsletter, and in my confirmation email, the spaces where my first and last name were supposed to be displayed were blank, as was my "interested in future beta participation" box. I'd appreciate it if that were updated to "very".

I've done closed beta testing a few times before, and I can run NVidia shadowplay for helping to identify bugs, or to upload videos to my youtube channel to help give the game more exposure when y'all get to the point that you want that to happen...

Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb OC, 32 gb 2400 ram, liquid cooled i5 4690, 2X 240gb SSDs in raid 0, 4tb secondary hdd

June 13, 2015, 7:12 a.m.

Updated //
June 13, 2015, 7:35 a.m.

USonuMabeaCh#6659 posted (#post-3449)

I signed up for the newsletter, and in my confirmation email, the spaces where my first and last name were supposed to be displayed were blank, as was my "interested in future beta participation" box. I'd appreciate it if that were updated to "very".

I've done closed beta testing a few times before, and I can run NVidia shadowplay for helping to identify bugs, or to upload videos to my youtube channel to help give the game more exposure when y'all get to the point that you want that to happen...

1. Doing closed beta's doesn't make you a tester, so participating in closed beta's doesnt mean you'll get beta access :P Although I do not think there will be a selection of players allowed during the beta, but all participants..
  2. As always, BETA content is never allowed to become public, as a closed beta tester you should know xD

June 13, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-3455)

USonuMabeaCh#6659 posted (#post-3449)

1. Doing closed beta's doesn't make you a tester, so participating in closed beta's doesnt mean you'll get beta access :P Although I do not think there will be a selection of players allowed during the beta, but all participants..
  2. As always, BETA content is never allowed to become public, as a closed beta tester you should know xD

1.Well some games ask you if you have laready done Alpha/Beta test, so it can be a way to choose your Beta testers based on their experiences.
2.This is totally false, it depends mainly of the NDA of the game/Devellopers. Some allows Streaming, Youtube etc... during even the alpha stage, Others don't. We just have to know Greybox/Yager's rules about it.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

June 13, 2015, 11:23 a.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-3457)

1.Well some games ask you if you have laready done Alpha/Beta test, so it can be a way to choose your Beta testers based on their experiences.
2.This is totally false, it depends mainly of the NDA of the game/Devellopers. Some allows Streaming, Youtube etc... during even the alpha stage, Others don't. We just have to know Greybox/Yager's rules about it.

You may be true, I'm simply stating my overall experiences with the beta information I have seen in the past few years :]

June 13, 2015, 12:35 p.m.

Updated //
June 13, 2015, 12:44 p.m.

I have been a closed beta tester, under NDA, for Dark Age of Camelot's last two expansions, and I was also a beta tester for the USI mod for BF2 which had no NDA but the beta wasn't opened, we had a small team of testers, I also did closed beta for W.A.R. without an NDA, it was simply bug-finding at that stage.

That said, both your #1 and #2 are completely false. A CLOSED beta is PURELY for testing, what would be the point otherwise? If you are participating in a closed beta, and you are not reporting bugs, you are wasting the dev's time, period.
And as the other guy stated, there are several cases where a closed beta is not under an NDA, if YOU were a beta tester, you should know this. Thanks for the asinine attempt at being the self-appointed forum sheriff/noob wrangler though, it was worth a couple of laughs.

Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb OC, 32 gb 2400 ram, liquid cooled i5 4690, 2X 240gb SSDs in raid 0, 4tb secondary hdd

June 13, 2015, 1:04 p.m.

Updated //
June 13, 2015, 1:14 p.m.

USonuMabeaCh#6659 posted (#post-3460)

I have been a closed beta tester, under NDA, for Dark Age of Camelot's last two expansions, and I was also a beta tester for the USI mod for BF2 which had no NDA but the beta wasn't opened, we had a small team of testers, I also did closed beta for W.A.R. without an NDA, it was simply bug-finding at that stage.

That said, both your #1 and #2 are completely false. A CLOSED beta is PURELY for testing, what would be the point otherwise? If you are participating in a closed beta, and you are not reporting bugs, you are wasting the dev's time, period.
And as the other guy stated, there are several cases where a closed beta is not under an NDA, if YOU were a beta tester, you should know this. Thanks for the asinine attempt at being the self-appointed forum sheriff/noob wrangler though, it was worth a couple of laughs.

/sigh/ You're completely missing the point. A beta is for testing indeed, I wanted to point out that 80% of the players play the game instead of test it, resulting in no bug reports, though they still call themselves testers. And once more, I was speaking out of experience of the beta tests I did regarding streaming, of which pretty much none allowed it to.

Glad to make you laugh, although I wasn't trying to offend you. In my opinion you could have been way nicer in your response instead of feeling irritated and acting in such manner.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.