FORUMS

having trouble aiming/hitting with torpedoes

Posted: //
May 12, 2016, 6:59 p.m.

Any tips on using these weapons effectively?

May 12, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

Get close to target -> point at enemy -> Green Symbol shows lock -> Fire away

For the weeb in all of us! Anime Skins & Decals!
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/4472/
DESS! DESS! DESS!

May 12, 2016, 7:36 p.m.

Nuclear torpedoes always launch from the left side of your ship, so ensure that you have that side facing towards the enemy and that the area is clear. Don't forget about the 3 second delay on launch. Often times you'll find that running with a nuclear torpedo encourages you to maneuver in a counter-clockwise manner. Understanding this, you can predict enemies with the same weapons, and if you're able to pull it off, suprize people by maneuvering in a clockwise manner and use the engine boost for a quick 180 to launch your torpedo and then rotate back again (Kinda like a 360 no-scope) to continue with your fleet's maneuver.

"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you."

May 12, 2016, 7:51 p.m.

what about the normal torpedoes? they dont seem to home and just move towards the place i pointed at, but they dont have the aoe range to hit in a manual detonation.

May 12, 2016, 7:55 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 8:37 p.m.

The only torpedos worth a CENSORED are the .. Light? Torpedo Salvo (#2 key on destroyer), and the nuke torp (#1 key on destroyer)

All other torpedoes are worthless, do not home, utter pieces of CENSORED.

Use missiles instead.

edit; sorry, totally forgot about corvette Torpedoes - Those are fine/working.

May 12, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 8:15 p.m.

Drain Torpedos are fun too.

Really though, WHICH torpedos are you talking about? Dreadnought, Destroyer, and Corvette Torpedos are all slightly different animals. The latter two are much better at hitting moving targets than the former ones.

Generally speaking though, try to fire them when you're facing your target to avoid getting slammed in the side with your own torps.

May 12, 2016, 8:22 p.m.

Szeron#6174 posted (#post-33969)

Drain Torpedos are fun too.

Really though, WHICH torpedos are you talking about? Dreadnought, Destroyer, and Corvette Torpedos are all slightly different animals. The latter two are much better at hitting moving targets than the former ones.

Generally speaking though, try to fire them when you're facing your target to avoid getting slammed in the side with your own torps.

mainly talking about dread/destroyer torps, mainly destroyer as i dont have the torpedoes unlocked on my dread yet., and im not having much luck with the destroyers 2 ability.

May 14, 2017, 1:48 p.m.

Real Quick I am not a forum guy. But I have noticed several times now where when I fire a torp on my corvette the torp hits the target and dose not blow up. I at first though it was maybe cause i died on my attack run but i also happened to me where a torp just flew up and kept bumping me and not blowing up. anyone else have this problem.

May 14, 2017, 1:57 p.m.

Often times you'll find that running with a nuclear torpedo encourages you to maneuver in a counter-clockwise manner.

Pretty sure, that stirring counter-clockwise will result in triigering your own torpedo. Happened with me on multiple occasions, as I got used to rotating my dred counter-clockwise for broadsides.

You proably meant to say clockwise.

"Hang in there!" (™)

March 23, 2018, 12:52 p.m.

Updated //
March 23, 2018, 12:53 p.m.

how do you fire torpedos at an enemy ship with azerty keyboard?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.