FORUMS

having trouble aiming/hitting with torpedoes

Posted: //
March 23, 2018, 1:44 p.m.

You have to remap the number keys, as azerty wont work by default, not sure if possible at all, you might need to switch to qwerty/z.

Recruit Engineer

March 23, 2018, 3:25 p.m.

Updated //
March 23, 2018, 3:26 p.m.

While we're at it, could someone enlighten me about the tracking ability of the Scylla torpedoes?

I know they don't have that great of a DPS, but in the module preview video it seems to fly fast, and it also seems to have little vertical diversion. My missiles end up at lot of times hitting obstacles or friendly ships above me, and they're rather slow as well.

Back on the Scylla, what's the target tracking pattern? Does it fly the same way Light Torpedoes do? I.e.:

1. wait an eternity
  2. fly out towards the front of your ship
  3. fly in a straight line towards wherever your target was when you pressed fire (no tracking!)
  4. if the target is still nearby, switch direction towards it (once)

Does Scylla follow this stupid pattern (which would absolutely not work with its 7km range), or does it track continuously, like missiles?

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

March 23, 2018, 3:50 p.m.

It has the same tracking as the Goliath, which means step four in your list does not happen, it goes completely dumb after its first turning.

1) get launched to the left 2) move a fixed distance forward 3) turn for a fixed time amount towards target 4) forward movement starts, Goliath/Scylla turns dumb

Recruit Engineer

March 23, 2018, 4:08 p.m.

Ryzen 2600X @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 1070 Ti iChill X3 V2

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.