FORUMS

Corvettes: Jupiter Arms Swap Places With Oberon Series ?

Posted: //
Jan. 21, 2017, 1:04 a.m.

Thoughts on making Oberon the entry corvette at Tier 2 replacing the faster and more deadly Jupiter Arm's Dover?

Other ships are better equipped to handle the Dover-Machias class at tier 3 and up.

While stock Fulgora should be a less of a harassment if introduced at recruit level.

Seems fair to me. It does mean, Jupiter Arms will lose one ship and Oberon gaining a new one though.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Jan. 22, 2017, 2:20 p.m.

Dover fall to bits when confronted with flak cannons, one magazine from a Trafalgar and they're history.

Jan. 22, 2017, 5:29 p.m.

Winstonovski#7795 posted (#post-97294)

Dover fall to bits when confronted with flak cannons, one magazine from a Trafalgar and they're history.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe Corvette optimal weapons range is outside of all Destroyer's max flak range.

Jan. 22, 2017, 5:33 p.m.

Anyways

point of the suggestion is to put the slower Oberon Corvette as the entry level Corvettes so new players aren't overwhelmed while learning how to counter them.

The faster Jupiter Arms Corvettes should really be introduced at T3 and up where stasis, tractor beams etc are available to other ship classes.

Wondering if that'd be a better approach ...

Jan. 22, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-97316)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I do believe Corvette optimal weapons range is outside of all Destroyer's max flak range.

Shhh, don't tell them, 90% of the corvettes I run into get right up into your face or think it's cute to do a flyby right over you. They pop real nice.

Jan. 23, 2017, 5:47 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 23, 2017, 5:52 a.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-97316)

Yes, optimal as in not getting shot down. But less optimal for doing damage, since the DPS of your main guns drops when you fly outside of flak cannon range. The trick is to do 2-3 passes while staying far enough. Or be sneaky to strike once from close range before the enemy switches to flaks.

As for your original point about switching the corvettes starting tiers, it is an interesting idea. That might have positive effect on balancing recruit. Making it to work with current layout of starting fleet/manufacturers, might take some work.

Jan. 23, 2017, 3:08 p.m.

Corvettes actually get fully optimal damage range a couple hundred out of range of flak. I don't remember the exact ranges off the top of me head, but Flak is 700-800 or so, a corvettes are good once they close to around 1k, so there's a small gap between corvette doing max damage, and flak being out of range.

Jan. 23, 2017, 6:57 p.m.

I'm in favour of this. I think the middle ground corvettes would be a much greater choice as first corvette you can unlock and encounter.

Work Buy Consume Die

Jan. 23, 2017, 8:25 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 23, 2017, 8:26 p.m.

Every class available by tier 2 in every manufacturer.

I WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT MAINTENACE

Jan. 23, 2017, 9:18 p.m.

Honestly the way I see it corvettes have a large learning curve for newer players not familiar with that sort of thing, but once they are mastered they quickly become overpowered compared to the other ships at any tier.

They are just a very unique ship class, clearly in need of a bit of balance, but not so much that it ruins them.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.