FORUMS

Do the devs want the meta to be that every team has two tac cruisers?

Posted: //
May 12, 2016, 8:35 p.m.

Because I played 20 games and every time the enemy team just has two tac cruisers tank all damage.

Sure you can try to target the tac cruisers, but you just get torn apart by the enemy team and the battle becomes a slog to win. Have two tac cruisers on your team? Sure, if you want to run the clock out and have the match end 40 to 45. At least you won, technically.

I don't believe this is the developer's intent for how they expect every game to go, especially if they expect their game to have a competitive following.

May 12, 2016, 8:45 p.m.

No because 2 tacs is suicidal, it's easier to break than 0 tacs.

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 12, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 8:57 p.m.

Can you NSA folks agree to not comment on any meta things until the meta catches up to you? Your usual input sounds as out of touch as a billionaire on the lives of the homeless.

We get it, you're better than us, we're just not applying ourselves correctly, etc. Every thread I see a post of how we're just too bad to counter something that's ruining the game for the less experienced folks.

These are real problems for folks with less than 50 hours in game, and you can only hurt the community by ignoring them.

We, the peasants, will get better eventually, but in the mean time, if the game doesn't get more new player friendly due to the devs taking your advice and ignoring the issues, the game ya'll like will die. I've been part of a team that did the exact same thing to a different game I loved, and I always regretted it.

-I'll think of a good signature tomorrow... definitely...

May 12, 2016, 9:12 p.m.

Yes, every game I've seen has 2 tacs so far. I always choose Corvette.

Try corvette for a while, you can break the snipers and tac cruisers quite nicely with a hidden corvette or two. and then while they're re spawning, your team takes care of the destroyers and dn that aren't being healed.

Or, alternatively, try all covettes. We did this once and the result was we pretty much owned the other team, they didn't know what to do.

UPDATE: I just played a game where two of us were corvettes and the other team was doing the 2 tac cruiser thing. When they only had 4 kills to go to end of the match, they finally started changing some of their players to corvettes as well.

Don't underestimate the corvette, they're very useful.

May 12, 2016, 9:20 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 9:21 p.m.

There's two problems with that.

Experienced players will spot the corvette coming unless you're really good.

And second, high level players will have the warp drive on the tact cruiser, meaning as soon as they respawn, they're back to turtling their team.

There are various solutions to tac cruiser spam, none of them are ideal, and none of them are stopping everyone from using tac cruiser spam.

The point is game balance though, so everyone switching to corvettes doesn't really fix the game.

May 12, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

I don't like the 2 tacs. I've been on a team with 2 tacs and lost against the team with 1 tac.
I've been in teams where we beat the 2 tacs with only 1 tac.

2 tacs reduce too much firepower.

So far at lvl23 I think the best composition is:
1 tac
1 art cruiser
2 destroyers ( or 1 destroyer)
1 dread ( or 2 dreads)
This works if the team has situational awareness to destroy corvettes trying to attack your tac or art cruiser.

May 12, 2016, 9:38 p.m.

Updated //
May 12, 2016, 9:42 p.m.

Apperatus#7094 posted (#post-33975)

Can you NSA folks agree to not comment on any meta things until the meta catches up to you? Your usual input sounds as out of touch as a billionaire on the lives of the homeless.

We get it, you're better than us, we're just not applying ourselves correctly, etc. Every thread I see a post of how we're just too bad to counter something that's ruining the game for the less experienced folks.

These are real problems for folks with less than 50 hours in game, and you can only hurt the community by ignoring them.

We, the peasants, will get better eventually, but in the mean time, if the game doesn't get more new player friendly due to the devs taking your advice and ignoring the issues, the game ya'll like will die. I've been part of a team that did the exact same thing to a different game I loved, and I always regretted it.

But why?Dogma is right you know?

If the devs gonna just hear and change everything people wanted,well it wouldn't be their game.
2 tact cruiser yes are maybe annoying but you forget something,its less firepower,and a targeted enemy by a whole team can go pretty fast down(focus healers first ofc..)
Dreadnought is easy to learn enough already as it is,being even more player friendly will just force competitive players away.People forget that its a team based game,and we have lots of loners here(its acceptable only with corvette).

"The First Of His Name"

May 12, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

Your point is true, I'm only at level 9 now, so, generally speaking, I haven't run into the higher level players with those particular unlocks yet.

My suggestion is just that, from what I've seen, it has worked so far, but, it may prove null when (or if) I get to higher tiers.

May 12, 2016, 9:53 p.m.

If everyone is doing it, then it's the meta. I'm seeing high level groups doing it too, since the matchmaking is usually broken anyway and throws us against teams of level 50s

Everyone's still constantly using tac cruiser spam. Telling people that it has counters isn't stopping everyone from using it, so clearly the counters aren't working.

May 12, 2016, 10:14 p.m.

Exinjeru#7918 posted (#post-33988)

If everyone is doing it, then it's the meta. I'm seeing high level groups doing it too, since the matchmaking is usually broken anyway and throws us against teams of level 50s

Everyone's still constantly using tac cruiser spam. Telling people that it has counters isn't stopping everyone from using it, so clearly the counters aren't working.

If you get a team that can cooperate,2 enemy healers will be your easy launch,dmg dmg and dmg.

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.