FORUMS

Limit Healing Ships

Posted: //
May 12, 2016, 11:43 p.m.

This game is so slow due to allowing more than one healing ship. This makes team turtle there location and thus has made most of my matches boring and slow. Im just suggesting we limit the healing ships to 1 per team.

May 12, 2016, 11:57 p.m.

Corvette Corvette Corvette. A good team with even one Corvette player should be able to deal with a healer, Use two? And you're golden. 2 Healers usually is a bust in higher level play

May 13, 2016, 12:16 a.m.

As a corvette main player i can confirm that bloodless is telling the truth, I can almost guarantee that the enemy's logi will die withing the first 2mins of the game because corvette bullshit. I dont think the game should limit fleet comps in anyway.

If you would like to see what i mean then make sure to add me, same name as here obviously, ill get you on Ts and run you through why this isn't an issue.

May 13, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

^ I think you got your roles reversed there mate , corvettes are the ones that die to tacs stop living in a world of pugs and chum.

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 13, 2016, 1:23 a.m.

Updated //
May 13, 2016, 1:24 a.m.

Corvettes seem pretty useless against a team of 3 Destroyers and 2 Healers moving as a unit at the level I am seeing (late teens).
Even when I play a Tact Healer as the nub that I am, I end up killing sneaky vettes attempting to back stab us/me at a 2 to 1 ratio. That being the vette dies 2x for every 1 of mine.

Now that may be different at the higher levels with vettes outfitted with level 25+ modules.

Overall point being is that a 2 healer per team game drags on forever most times unless one side actually attacks instead of both teams turtle healing. So far only about 1 in 3 matches I am in has an aggressive team.

As usual the PUG factor skews results as opposed to organized teams and us PUGers will almost always be at a disadvantage.

"Dost thou even Dreadnought a Corvette?"

May 13, 2016, 2:06 a.m.

Most games I play start off as 1 of each ship class, and depending on the enemy team, we may sub an arty for a 'vette, or drop the dreadnought in favour of the destroyer, but never do we try to run 2 healers. It's just too lacking on the offensive punch side of things.

"Sometimes you have fun, sometimes the fun has you."

May 13, 2016, 5:07 a.m.

People here obviously dont play any healer other than AIon, Anything other than the aion can kill a corvette 1v1 if played well.

May 13, 2016, 5:46 a.m.

Well we are all clearly having different experiences. One could argue that because of my 80% win rate, most if not all of the people im against are 30+, but they still get slapped and stomped with all the dignity and grace of a birthday clown defecating into a kiddie pool.

Ive come against those comps of destroyers and logis before and had little trouble. There is of course the possibility im going against people who have no idea what they are doing, but that argument only stands for so long before it becomes mute.

May 13, 2016, 5:54 a.m.

Idiotic game really.

I mean a team is essentially forced into certain roles, rather then a balance between all ships.. so people can play what they want and how they want it.. you know for fun?

I was excited at first to play this game, it does get alot of things right.. but its mostly cosmetic.

May 14, 2016, 5:47 a.m.

Updated //
May 14, 2016, 5:50 a.m.

l3loodless#6326 posted (#post-34009)

Corvette Corvette Corvette. A good team with even one Corvette player should be able to deal with a healer, Use two? And you're golden. 2 Healers usually is a bust in higher level play

I can tell you how this story goes. Two tacticals camp with 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 destroyer. Corvette goes in, takes half of the HP of one tactical and dies after 4 seconds due to combined firepower of 3 enemy ships.

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO COUNTER IT.

There is actually just an BIG problem with the tacticals. Their beam weapons have no cooldown at all!
I don't know what developer thought this would be a smart design decision, but it was a terribly stupid idea.

Give the tacticals the ability to heal for 25 seconds and give them a 15 seconds cooldown. Then it MIGHT be enough to balance this game.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.