FORUMS

Any tips for the Fulgora?

Posted: //
Jan. 23, 2017, 7:24 a.m.

I really want the Vindicta so il be using this ship for a while and so far have had a lot of hit and misses with it, some cases were a single tactical utterly destroys me, any tips would be great.

Jan. 23, 2017, 8:11 a.m.

Key to every corvette is to never stop moving. This specially applies to Oberon corvettes, because they aren't as fast as Jupiter Arms' vettes or as tanky as Akula Vektor's vettes. This is compensated with 360 degrees turning main guns, which the others don't have. Tips for Fulgora I would say fly fast, keep shooting while already flying away from your target.

Because Fulgora isn't the fastest, I recommend getting speed enhancing modules, blink etc. As for having trouble with tactical cruisers, that's their job along side healing friendlies. Tacs are the best counter for corvettes. And best defense against them is to keep moving fast and find cover when ever you can. Best way to strike against them is to be sneaky and either take down their shield with right torpedo or wait for them the have spent their energy.

Also, spending credits to modules pays off, because it'll help you earn more faster, if you have better equipped ship. T4 Vindicta costs a lot and you won't make credits at the same rate you unlock the ship with XP.

Jan. 23, 2017, 8:58 a.m.

I'm always using drain torp rather than heavy torp due to the versatility of draining my target rather than dealing more damage. Your primary dmg is your main weapon, the modules are meant to keep you alive and to negate your opponents ability to fight back.

The tac cruiser's only chance to get you is to outlast your dmg spike from once you attack, therefore you need to hit him with drain torp do take away his ability to set power to weapons or shields. Secondly you hit him with disruptor pulse to make him unable to use self heal or activate offensive abilities.

Apart from that i agree with Possum!

Jan. 23, 2017, 8:59 p.m.

May be best as a support fighter with that ship since it's burst fire isn't as effective with taking out a player on your own as the JA vette line. Focus fire with some ppl in your team and throw torps at the targets they are firing on the most to remove energy. Much tougher for a healer to do their job if their ally has no way of defending themselves OR no way for them to use any extra power to beams.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Jan. 24, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 24, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

Gauzl1#7470 posted (#post-97615)

I really want the Vindicta so il be using this ship for a while and so far have had a lot of hit and misses with it, some cases were a single tactical utterly destroys me, any tips would be great.

Hunt lone ships, be patient, ATTACK FROM BELOW. Preferably, below and behind. Go all in. If you hesitate in a corvette you die so either go all in and save nothing but what you need to escape or consider waiting. (unless you are higher tier, then you can put a paperweight on the fire button and go get coffee or something.) Do not dive into the main battle unless you have given it a good long thought. Also, don't be the idiot who stops moving especially during an attack. I love nothing more as a sniper than a corvette who think's he got me and actually has the gall to stand still while finishing me off. it usually ends like this:
I startle -> me down to 25% HP corvette is standing still
-> activate dive maneuver and shields, buying enough time for me to . . .
->turn my ship during dive maneuver
->plant main cannon round into 'Vet's face followed by bomb catapult
->I go back to shooting my target while the vet goes back to spawn.

fun times. . . course that was back before and just Regression 2.0 hit before everyone realized how bad it was. I haven't played in a while because the game's honestly just not worth the time right now.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.