FORUMS

Ship sizes

Posted: //
March 12, 2015, 2:42 p.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2015, 2:48 p.m.

I know their called dreads but when looking at them they just feel really small; even the biggest of them. For example the Phoenix from EVE is 1.3m metric tons and the size of downtown New York.

As where in the case of Dreadnought all the ships look really small in comparison- Then again most things are, take the Anaconda in Elite Dangerous; Only the size of a Rifter. So what is the scale for the ships in this game?

Pic posted for size comparison

Where do we fit in for this?

March 12, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

Updated //
March 12, 2015, 3:57 p.m.

From what I've seen, the ships are more maneuverable type combat ships, kinda. Plus, there are several planet side levels. Now, I'm not any kind of astrophysicist, so please don't crush me with science, but I doubt a 1.3m metric ton ship could even kind of operate in low orbit, much less planet side in full gravity.

I think the corvette, stealth ship, is a little bigger than a pelican drop ship from halo, and the dreadnought is like a large battleship or an aircraft carrier in size. Again, this is just from observation, mostly while playing at pax last weekend. I hope this helped.

March 12, 2015, 4:06 p.m.

I don't exactly remember when and where I heard it (except some Dreadnought related video), but I believe one of the Devs said the Dreadnought class is about 400 metres in length. Hope you find this usefull.

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

March 12, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

Dragonychus#0000 posted (#post-718)

I don't exactly remember when and where I heard it (except some Dreadnought related video), but I believe one of the Devs said the Dreadnought class is about 400 metres in length. Hope you find this usefull.

And that's correct, friend

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10517222_747181705359070_4447858703538968159_o.jpg

March 12, 2015, 5:23 p.m.

StoicGoat#9303 posted (#post-715)

From what I've seen, the ships are more maneuverable type combat ships, kinda. Plus, there are several planet side levels. Now, I'm not any kind of astrophysicist, so please don't crush me with science, but I doubt a 1.3m metric ton ship could even kind of operate in low orbit, much less planet side in full gravity.

I think the corvette, stealth ship, is a little bigger than a pelican drop ship from halo, and the dreadnought is like a large battleship or an aircraft carrier in size. Again, this is just from observation, mostly while playing at pax last weekend. I hope this helped.

It does help out a lot, I just wished to know how big (or small) the ships we command in this game really are. I can't help it, I'm a guy who likes numbers however not enough to take a shot in the dark to tell you how big by eyeballing it.

March 12, 2015, 6:26 p.m.

It could be nice to have a scale chart with all the Dreadnought ships on,

That size comparison is epic though lol

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 19, 2015, 3:32 a.m.

Updated //
March 19, 2015, 3:36 a.m.

The ship sizes change quite a bit between the different classes. These are the five ships from PAX. The Zmey Dreadnought is our biggest Dreadnought currently.

Joshua "Dark_Fox_" Morrison
3D Artist, YAGER

March 19, 2015, 4:39 a.m.

Dark_Fox_#1657 posted (#post-1144)

The ship sizes change quite a bit between the different classes. These are the five ships from PAX. The Zmey Dreadnought is our biggest Dreadnought currently.

The fighter jets should be added there XD

March 19, 2015, 5:41 p.m.

Awesome Dark_Fox_ !

March 20, 2015, 12:14 a.m.

Updated //
March 20, 2015, 12:15 a.m.

Plus if u add the subclass ships you got even more variety of size,but again a great pic mate!

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.