I just posted something similar on a separate post but wondering if I should open the discussion a little bit wider.
Playing the game for a short while and there appears to be two opposing balance questions (not sure if this is the right expression but it's close enough);
- Corvette dps is high and can be .... difficult to deal with
- Healing ships (tac cruisers) heal too quickly
Arena based combat games have always had this issue and the main reason, I think, the above is true is because the corvette and the Tac cruisers are counters to each other. However do they have to be?
For example, there is no counter to healing in the game other than pure dps (e.g. the vette). However buffing the corvettes dps causes issues with balancing vs bigger ships.
So what about introducing the following;
- Anti healing missiles or AOE (either player targeted for reduced healing or AOE like the nuke to scatter formations)
- Anti healing passive abilities on the dreadnoughts, E.g. if they are in range of other ships they reduce healing by x%. This encourages close quarter fleet battles to limit healers or push formations around.
- Anti healing beams (secondary weapons). Exactly as a healing beam but reduces healing on the target or output via the healer. Corvettes could use these to line of sight ships in co-ordinated strikes.
Thoughts, indignant remarks welcome