FORUMS

Developer Q&A Megathread (General)

Posted: //
March 12, 2015, 7:08 p.m.

About beta:will the beta keys gonna be realesed sooner than summer?

"The First Of His Name"

March 13, 2015, 7:29 a.m.

Will it be possible to mark an enermy target for a synchronised team attack?

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 13, 2015, 8:11 a.m.

I have a question about the power management system.

Will it be possible to bind each choice (weapons,speed,shield or nothing) on a separate key without having to use the toggle?

I have two concerns about this. First. it is a waste of time to have to toggle and then choose. Secondly. it will be even more cumbersome on a gamepad like the xbox 360 cause the 4 choices could be directly bound to the directional pad just like in Elite Dangerous. Thanks.

March 13, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

Updated //
March 13, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

Dreadnought is going to be free to play :) What are your current business model plans?
How are you going to make money :)

I would be happy to see cosmetic items for sale, premium accounts for accelerated XP gains, maybe premium fighter ships.

Personally I don't like premium consumables ie buffs heals or ammo.

I know it's still very early day's

Cosmic.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 13, 2015, 1:29 p.m.

On the technical side of things. Id like to know how these thing if and how will they be implemented.

PoV sliders?
What kinds of AA will be used?
Multi monitor support?
4k res?
Mod support?
VoiP?
DX12? Vulkan?

Gigabyte 78LMT USB3 AMD FX 6300 Reijintek Pallas MSI Twin Frozr R9 270 Mushkin 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
1 TB WD Blue Corsair M65 RGB Windows 7

March 13, 2015, 3:20 p.m.

In the panel at pax east there was a time that the screen during the ingame footage went fuzzy and static laden. There was a comment that it wasn't video error; care to comment on emp, jammers, or the type of countermeasure that causes such a phenomenon?

March 14, 2015, 11:38 a.m.

Q: What kind of game is this going to be??
What I mean is, I see a lot of people with their "wish list for Santa", but what are we looking at here? Is this going to be a Call of Duty type game where we just warp in and frag and have a good old time OR do you in-vision and plan on a more persistent or conquest type of game?

This will give the community more direction on what to talk about and what our expectations should be for this game.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 15, 2015, 12:59 a.m.

Can you tell us anything about the competitive aspect of dreadnought? Going into this game I would really like to see a possible ranking system, aswell as casual system.
That may or may not happen depending on how you guys approach this (which is fine) but it would be really nice to find this game in the Esports and play against really challenging players, while also having the option to play alongside people who are just playing to have fun.

smile

March 15, 2015, 1:43 p.m.

So, I'm seeing a large amount of speculation here on the forums about ship upgrades and component replacement. From the Pax demo, the game did not seem to be facing that direction. Seemed more like Nosgoth, where you have classes, and can swap the 1-4 abilities for others, preset to each class. Classes in this case being types of ship (i.e. destroyer, dreadnought, etc.) Personally, I hope it's just abilities that get swapped out, rather than parts of the ship (engines, weapons, etc.) Keeping this type of game simpler should make it easier to keep it balanced, and put more emphasis on player skill, rather than meta-game ship building.

Can we get any clarification on what features will be locked versus able to be customized?

March 17, 2015, 1:58 p.m.

Pretty easy question. How is the devolpment going what are the main goals at the moment and how many ship are disigned. Just want to know about the standing to get a feeling for whats coming.

Excuse any mistakes please english isn´t my native language.

Ich möchte eine Deutsche Dreadnaought community starten schick mir ne PM und ich liefer zum Betastart ein TS.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.