FORUMS

Developer Q&A Megathread (General)

Posted: //
March 18, 2015, 8:17 a.m.

drmarianus#7618 posted (#post-712)

Will you be adding damage models to the game instead of straight up health bars?

For instance, you have various modules like shield generators, targeting arrays, sensors, life support, etc., and if you lose one of them it impacts ship performance. Like if your targeting array/sensors are damaged or destroyed, your accuracy decreases.

At the moment we don't have any specific hitzones, but we definitly want to try somthing like that out in the future. We have to be careful though as such an addition might have an impact on the core gameplay.

Mark "Kreisbrecher" Liebold
Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:23 a.m.

drmarianus#7618 posted (#post-713)

Follow up to my previous question, will there be various game modes similar to how WarThunder does multiplayer where there is an "Arcade" mode where game mechanics/controls/damage, are simpler and more forgiving, and more simulator-esque modes where you have more control over your ship and there is more realism?

The controls in Dreadnought are pretty straight forward (ASDW for moving the ship, space and shift for ascending and decending, etc.). Simplify them even more will be difficult.
Having an isolated test area where you can try out differnt ship configurations is something that we would like to have in the future.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:29 a.m.

CrocDoc#8764 posted (#post-716)

I am pretty sure you are going to add in-game purchases and microtransactions for real money. Are these going to be for buying the skins or they will be to buy equipment for the ship.

You won't be able to purchase anything that will give you a gameplay benefit. So there are no golden super-weapons that will kill you enemy with one shot. Dreadnought is all about big spaceships and therefore we first and foremost want to give all the Captains out there the possibility to build their own iconic ships using different paint jobs and color patterns, or figure heads.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:34 a.m.

Unrealxs#1195 posted (#post-719)

Will there be dinosaurs in a particular map? Or abandoned space monkeys in ancient NASA shuttles?

http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/battlefield_3_dinosaurs_dlc.jpg

Dinosaurs are awesome! If we wouldn't make a game about big spaceships, we definitly would make one about dinosaurs. But coming back to your question... so far there is no sign of extraterestial life that is similar to what we know as dinosaurs. But space is pretty big and maybe one day the crew of a Dreadnought will encounter them... or find a lost NASA shuttle.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:37 a.m.

I thought about a starting drydock kind of place where you can test out weapons and equipment on a smallish map with all sorts of terrain that you may encounter while playing. Here's a link to that thread, https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/471/
I'm also thinking of getting Unreal Engine 4 to put some ideas like this out into the world.

Play smart, you win. Play dumb, you loose. Teamwork is the best way to secure victory. Lack of teamwork is a certain defeat.

March 18, 2015, 8:41 a.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 8:56 a.m.

Dedadude#1215 posted (#post-744)

About multiplayer: there will be "bountyes", like you have to kill a certain number of times a random selected enemy from the opposite team?

There will be something along those lines, yes. But we will talk about this later... so please be patient.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:44 a.m.

Updated //

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-774)

What are your long term goals for Dreadnought? Do you eventually see DLC or Expansions on the horizon? If so any clues on what they might be :D

Dreadnought is free-to-play and therefore we can (and we want) to constantly expand the game and the universe.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:46 a.m.

Updated //

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-798)

Will it be possible to mark an enermy target for a synchronised team attack?

Yes, you will be able to do that.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:50 a.m.

Nyanko#3267 posted (#post-800)

I have a question about the power management system.

Will it be possible to bind each choice (weapons,speed,shield or nothing) on a separate key without having to use the toggle?

I have two concerns about this. First. it is a waste of time to have to toggle and then choose. Secondly. it will be even more cumbersome on a gamepad like the xbox 360 cause the 4 choices could be directly bound to the directional pad just like in Elite Dangerous. Thanks.

We can't go into details, but we plan to have different options for captains to manage the energy of their ships.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:53 a.m.

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-812)

Dreadnought is going to be free to play :) What are your current business model plans?
How are you going to make money :)

I would be happy to see cosmetic items for sale, premium accounts for accelerated XP gains, maybe premium fighter ships.

Personally I don't like premium consumables ie buffs heals or ammo.

I know it's still very early day's

Cosmic.

You won't be able to purchase anything that will give you a direct gameplay benefit like one-shot-kill weapons. Dreadnought is all about big spaceships and our goal is that captains are able to build their own unique vessels.

Producer, YAGER

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.