FORUMS

Developer Q&A Megathread (General)

Posted: //
March 18, 2015, 8:55 a.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

Esarhaddon#6061 posted (#post-837)

In the panel at pax east there was a time that the screen during the ingame footage went fuzzy and static laden. There was a comment that it wasn't video error; care to comment on emp, jammers, or the type of countermeasure that causes such a phenomenon?

Sounds like someone got hit by a Scrambler Missile.

Mark "Kreisbrecher" Liebold
Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-798)

Will it be possible to mark an enermy target for a synchronised team attack?

Yes, you will be able to do that.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 9:03 a.m.

Ionenkanone#1226 posted (#post-1025)

Pretty easy question. How is the devolpment going what are the main goals at the moment and how many ship are disigned. Just want to know about the standing to get a feeling for whats coming.

Excuse any mistakes please english isn´t my native language.

We are currently in Friends & Family and getting ready for the closed Beta phase (no, we don't have a date yet... please be patient).
Currently we have 5 different classes (Dreadnought, Destroyer, Tactical Crusier, Artillery Cruiser, Corvette). Each class will feature different ships.

According to your signature you are aware of the Lectitio Divinitatus. :)
Praise the Omnissiah!

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 12:21 p.m.

Thank you for all the answers so far.

Rebounding on the Alien lifeform answer, will you plan on making other playable species and according ship designs for the players ? Or you want to keep the story and action to be exclusively centered on mankind (or something that looks human).

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

March 18, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

Darkloser#6427 posted (#post-1079)

Thank you for all the answers so far.

Rebounding on the Alien lifeform answer, will you plan on making other playable species and according ship designs for the players ? Or you want to keep the story and action to be exclusively centered on mankind (or something that looks human).

This is a very good question. Unfortunatly we are not ready to answer it just yet....
However, as you might know, Dreadnought also has Single Player that is focused on the backstory of the game universe.

Producer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 2:15 p.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 4:17 p.m.

So you answer me that you can't answer ? What...

"Darkloser has left the battle."

Well I'l surely do the single campaign to know more about the universe (I like to read lores), but will it be the only way to learn more about Dreadnought's universe ?

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

March 18, 2015, 2:38 p.m.

What are your plans for the campaign?

Will the game launch with a fully flushed out 100% finished story
Or
Will you be releasing say 10 to 20 levels/missions ending with a cliffhanger then after a undetermined amount of time 10 to 20 more come along?

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 18, 2015, 10:21 p.m.

how customizable will the HUD be? can we adjust the minimap size and opacity? can we move our skill-hotbar around or adjust its size? will we be able to take out certain elements of the HUD completely?
or is it just a default HUD we have to live with?

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 18, 2015, 11:08 p.m.

That you as devs are communicating with us is fantastic! I have been looking forward to this game for a year now. I hope to be a part of the closed beta when it comes.

My question is will you share or have you shared a development time line? I understand that it may be too early but I am on the edge of my seat waiting to know more. Perhaps a forum section keeping us intimately up to date with the teams progress.

That may be a lot to ask but I am enthralled with the idea of capital ships decimating each other and can't wait to participate.

Is that my leg over there? HEY! Anyone else missing their leg?!

March 19, 2015, 10:22 p.m.

Updated //
March 19, 2015, 10:25 p.m.

I would have a question regarding the servers for multiplayer. Is Yager planning to have different server locations like one in the US, one in Europe and one in Asia or will there me only one mega server in Germany?

Living in Asia myself, I would like to have some decent ping to play the game.

As a side note, I would recommend Yager to advertise in Japan. I am 100% sure many japanese players will be super interested about this game. They have this thing with capital ships, it's in their blood.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.