FORUMS

Developer Q&A Megathread (General)

Posted: //
March 19, 2015, 11:16 p.m.

Playing at PAX East, I noticed there wasn't much control for rotation beyond looking in a direction, pressing the forward key, and having your ship rotate to match.

While I understand your desire for simple game mechanics, could we expect to see differing levels of control complexity available to players?

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

March 19, 2015, 11:51 p.m.

Prometheus25#5985 posted (#post-1202)

Playing at PAX East, I noticed there wasn't much control for rotation beyond looking in a direction, pressing the forward key, and having your ship rotate to match.

While I understand your desire for simple game mechanics, could we expect to see differing levels of control complexity available to players?

I'm not too sure what you're talking about regarding rotation. You use the mouse to look around and aim, 'a' turns left, and 'd' turns right. If I remember correctly the ship movement does not follow your mouse movement at all.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 20, 2015, 12:17 a.m.

Chipinators#8309 posted (#post-1206)

Prometheus25#5985 posted (#post-1202)

I'm not too sure what you're talking about regarding rotation. You use the mouse to look around and aim, 'a' turns left, and 'd' turns right. If I remember correctly the ship movement does not follow your mouse movement at all.

Nop,you are correct,your mouse is your look and guns(but u must w8 ofr the weapons to follow your target) and AWSD is the ship movement.

"The First Of His Name"

March 20, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

Thank you everyone for the amazing responses! All answers from all Q&As have been organized here along with any other knowledge bombs Yager has dropped on the forums.

We are smuggling a frigate of your unanswered questions past the rings of Saturn now for Yager to answer and slingshot back to us.

This Q&A will be airlocked so as to prevent any further confusion. The devs are still all over the forums, chime in with your questions and thoughts and they'll respond!!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.