FORUMS

Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher

Posted: //
May 19, 2016, 8:39 p.m.

OK, so downloaded the new launcher version. I run it and get the same result. No error pops up either.

Should I be able to run the launcher by itself manually? If I do that, I see some errors:

"The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Followed by:

"The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll" is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Maybe these are some DLLs you have already from doing coding? Not sure. This is a fresh install of Windows 10 so whatever it is doesn't seem to come standard with it.

May 19, 2016, 8:55 p.m.

Updated //
May 28, 2016, 7:31 a.m.

Ah my bad, need to add that to the instructions. Grab the VC2015 redist here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145, you'll need the vc_redist.x86.exe file.

Most people will have it installed already.

update for anyone reading this now: The current version of the launcher does not require this anymore.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 20, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

Thanks Snib!

You probably already have this coming, but if you could tell the user place the executable (or, maybe just offer to copy the exe into %programfiles(x86)%\Grey Box\Dreadnought (assuming say DreadnoughtLauncher.exe exists in the target directory?) outside of this forum I mean.

Version information? (I can click and go to properties of the file and see that it's 2.1.0, but if people ask for help, they may not have this knowledge)

Otherwise, does what's on the tin, have had 0 issues, except when I just tried to run it from my downloads folder, lol. +1

OS Info:
Windows 10 Pro x64
No additional software required (for me)
Running AVG (Did not need to disable to run)

Manually Setup Dreadnought to work with Steam
Snib's 100% unsupported Automagic Steam Launcher App

May 20, 2016, 9:20 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-35424)

Ah my bad, need to add that to the instructions. Grab the VC2015 redist here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145, you'll need the vc_redist.x86.exe file.

Most people will have it installed already.

Nice! That was it. Launched just perfectly. Thanks for the assistance and the launcher!

May 27, 2016, 4:14 p.m.

Updated //
May 27, 2016, 4:29 p.m.

Nice gonna try give this, a little easier than having to manually edit the parameters each time there is an update, if it works

EDIT: Works like a charm smile

June 1, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

Actually your launcher does not seem to launch the official launcher now to update the game. it goes straight into the actual unpatched game (still 35sec cd on energy gen, and same limited captain costumization options)

June 1, 2016, 11:41 a.m.

Gummiel#9225 posted (#post-37055)

Actually your launcher does not seem to launch the official launcher now to update the game. it goes straight into the actual unpatched game (still 35sec cd on energy gen, and same limited captain costumization options)

Patience, young padawan, you can hardly make my launcher responsible for the patch not being out yet. When the time comes, my launcher will direct you where you need to go. smile

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 1, 2016, 11:57 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-37058)

Gummiel#9225 posted (#post-37055)

Patience, young padawan, you can hardly make my launcher responsible for the patch not being out yet. When the time comes, my launcher will direct you where you need to go. smile

Ohh it isn't out yet, sorry? saw ppl talking about the servers being down and all that so thought it was out (stupid CDT times no idea what that is in CEST, really wish devs would just use at least GMT, and then they can type as many other obscure zones as they want beside that as well...

June 1, 2016, 12:47 p.m.

No problem. Easiest way to quickly check the time in another time zone is to simply ask google, "time CDT" will get you current CDT time but any time zone works.

June 1, 2016, 5:13 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2016, 5:14 p.m.

Now it actually seem to be saying I need to update every time and start the launcher instead of the actual game, even after I have got the game updated

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.