FORUMS

Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher

Posted: //
June 1, 2016, 5:26 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2016, 5:27 p.m.

Gummiel#9225 posted (#post-37129)

Now it actually seem to be saying I need to update every time and start the launcher instead of the actual game, even after I have got the game updated

Strange. Is your computer's clock off by a lot maybe? And does the official launcher download anything then?

The version check works by comparing the time and date of a local file to what's on the server, which is a terrible way of doing it but it's what the official launcher does, so they should behave in the same way. If not I'd probably have to add some logging to the launcher to find out what's going on because I don't really know right now.

You could try deleting the file \Dreadnought\DreadGame\dreadgame.solid. That one will get re-downloaded then. If your clock was off fix that first.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 1, 2016, 5:37 p.m.

Nope, my clock is off by a minute at most (1st June 2016, 23:35 ATM CEST), but could it be that you dont check for the timezone, so you trying to check my CEST time against a server CDT (I assume) time?

Deleting the .solid just well made the launcher dl something for a while and after that back to where I was before after a restart again it keep saying there new update, when there isn't anymore

June 1, 2016, 5:52 p.m.

Updated //
June 1, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

Nah, it's not using local time. If I have a moment I'll add some logging and PM you that version, can't say what's wrong right now (works fine for me).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 2, 2016, 8:44 a.m.

Alright, if anybody else runs into the issue Gummiel had grab a fresh copy of the launcher from the OP and it'll work around that.

June 17, 2016, 9:57 p.m.

Hey Snib.

Tried getting the new version and I'm still having the issue described above.

June 17, 2016, 10:16 p.m.

Updated //
June 17, 2016, 10:17 p.m.

Xaiier#3935 posted (#post-38647)

Hey Snib.

Tried getting the new version and I'm still having the issue described above.

I did have that issue with todays patch as well but this time it was fixable by deleating the \Dreadnought\DreadGame\dreadgame.solid (and it would obviously first time say it need update again and then download it, and after that it should work (or at least did for me this time around)

June 19, 2016, 2:52 p.m.

Thanks for the reports and Xaiier for providing some extra info via PM. Looks like the last fix for Gummiel's freak file time broke it for others where the file times were strange in another way. Launcher updated to hopefully be able to deal with both cases now, please download again for the latest version and let me know if you still run into issues.

June 24, 2016, 4:51 a.m.

Hey guys. sorry for my bad english first.
I found out how u can integrate Dreadnought on your Steam Library - WITHOUT - Downloading any tool.

Go onto steam Library and add non-steam game.
- locate the path "\DreadGame\DreadGame\Binaries\Win64"
- Select "DreadGame-Win64-Shipping.exe"
- Add game to library

(The game can now launched but not able to log in)

Solution:

Open the properties of the Library and go to "start options" and add the following:
?mmog=169.44.27.178?mport=7680?version=160609-0139_CL946105 -pak -log -culture=en

Now u can start and login to the game without the launcher and chat over steam with friends.

Notice: When the game get an update u need to fix the Version. Where to find?
"\DreadGame\Run_MmogBrain.bat" -> open with editor.

hope it was helpful and SORRY for terrible english smile

Greetings from germany

June 24, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

Works great! Thanks! smile

The Bob Will Come...

June 24, 2016, 10:15 p.m.

CursedRadiance#7278 posted (#post-39147)

Hey guys. sorry for my bad english first.
I found out how u can integrate Dreadnought on your Steam Library - WITHOUT - Downloading any tool.

Go onto steam Library and add non-steam game.
- locate the path "\DreadGame\DreadGame\Binaries\Win64"
- Select "DreadGame-Win64-Shipping.exe"
- Add game to library

(The game can now launched but not able to log in)

Solution:

Open the properties of the Library and go to "start options" and add the following:
?mmog=169.44.27.178?mport=7680?version=160609-0139_CL946105 -pak -log -culture=en

Now u can start and login to the game without the launcher and chat over steam with friends.

Notice: When the game get an update u need to fix the Version. Where to find?
"\DreadGame\Run_MmogBrain.bat" -> open with editor.

hope it was helpful and SORRY for terrible english smile

Greetings from germany

that method been known for a while... longer than this tool existed, in fact AFAIK this was created so you dont have to go through the hassle of setting up and changing parameters every time the game updates

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.