FORUMS

Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher

Posted: //
July 6, 2016, 3:20 p.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2016, 4:23 p.m.

Update required

Today's Dreadnought patch slightly changed the log-in format so my launcher needed updating. Please grab a fresh copy of the launcher (v2.1.7.0) from the first post or the client will not let you log in (unable to connect).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Aug. 25, 2016, 4:02 a.m.

Snib... thank you very much. works like a charm and allows me to use steam shortcuts for screenshots etc.
which is quite helpful if you make YT videos like I do. ^^

Will link this post in my Dreadnought videos.

www.youtube.com/c/ScryptarPlaysGames

Nov. 9, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

Received reports that some anti-virus software suddenly started complaining about my launcher. Easy solution in this case was to simply recompile the launcher for 64 bit rather than previously 32 bit. The joys of false positives. While I was at it I fixed that little console window briefly popping up when you run the launcher. If you care, you can grab the new 64 bit-only version (v2.1.8.0) from the first post of the thread or here.

And if you're curious, this is the virustotal check on the new 64 bit version, nice and clean:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/0a9394ddfb51aae34327fd81a22b0a2f67497baf19f4e7671fab1c66b321dedf/analysis/1478696925/
and this is the identical code compiled for 32 bit, suddenly we get 4 detections:
https://virustotal.com/en/file/6baeb50933f1f7909ddc58d4eb930883363eb88ebded41e904ff619bba2fa76b/analysis/1478696936/

Great job those anti-virus vendors are doing, haha. smile

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

Dec. 16, 2016, 6:40 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 16, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

Last game update broke my launcher's update check function, fixed that, launcher updated to v2.2 to address that (download from the first post).

For those watching their firewall closely, the launcher now first connects to api.greybox.com and from there to uscloud.6ft.com, although that second location can change with future game updates now depending on how the first server responds. That's also the reason this needed updating, so far I had only been accessing the second location directly since it had never changed until now.

PS: As always, if anything breaks just send me a private message. For now I'm not playing the game anymore so I won't notice on my own.

May 4, 2017, 10:53 a.m.

Long time no see. When this week I got an email that I finally received a response to a support ticket I had submitted last year, I was so amused that I reinstalled and played a few battles for the first time since (game seems about the same as when I left, except with even more bugs).

Anyway, in doing so I did notice that my launcher caused the game to open with a console window containing a live log view. While useful, not always needed. Version 2.2.1 of my launcher fixes that, you can download it from the first post of the thread as always. If you ever want the log window back, then adding -log to the launch options in Steam will do that for you.

May 5, 2017, 11:52 p.m.

Interesting, Snib. I downloaded it and will play with it. smile

Just everyone be aware, Customer Support cannot help you with any issues that may appear as a result of this. It's not likely at all, but I'm warning you anyway.

Again, nice work!

Live QA Representative

May 8, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

Seems to work well, thank you Snib.

May 10, 2017, 7:08 a.m.

You're both quite welcome, good to hear this is still useful to someone. smile

June 1, 2017, 6:15 a.m.

After supporting the FS Communit its time for Dreadnought he? smile
Good to see you m8

June 1, 2017, 7:44 a.m.

JamesTBG#9955 posted (#post-122677)

After supporting the FS Communit its time for Dreadnought he? smile
Good to see you m8

o7

Pretty sure I left Dreadnought before pulling the plug on FS even. The "Regression" 2.0 patch killed it for me. Tried it out again recently and even if I could get past the terrible economy, I couldn't get past the bugs and instability. This game was so much more stable back when I played it, it's a shame what they did to it.

Oh well, none of that here. Hope you enjoy yourself and find the launcher useful! smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.