FORUMS

Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher

Posted: //
April 17, 2018, 12:14 p.m.

Updated //
April 17, 2018, 12:19 p.m.

I've got yet another update for you guys. Find v3.1.0.0 in the first post. No bugfixes in that one, so it's optional, but you may be interested in these new features:

1. Most importantly, the launcher will now try to launch the game in the language matching your Windows regional setting (if available), but you can override that choice by clicking on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS in the Steam properties and adding the -culture= parameter followed by the desired country code, so e.g. -culture=fr for French language, -culture=de for German, etc.
  2. The second new feature is a bit technical and not of interest for most of you. With the new -usecache option you can now direct the launcher to store the parameters required for launching the game in a file rather than retrieving them online at every game start. Fresh parameters will only be retrieved after a game update. This is mostly interesting for troubleshooting purposes and speeds up the game launch a tiny bit. The downside is that this has the potential to cause problems should 6ft decide to change those options server-side in between game updates (in which case just delete the Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.cache file in your %TEMP% folder or remove the launch option). Because of the potential downside I do not recommend this option for general use.

Unless I managed to hide some new bugs in this version no further updates to my launcher are planned unless made necessary by changes to the game.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 18, 2018, 7:23 a.m.

And if i use it without Steam (only to bypass the launcher), how can i set the language? I stumbled into a strangeness, in most of terminologies a see xXXx.

Anyway great work as always Snib

Forged in Apulia.

April 18, 2018, 8:17 a.m.

BIG-Sersen#7715 posted (#post-218153) said:

And if i use it without Steam (only to bypass the launcher), how can i set the language? I stumbled into a strangeness, in most of terminologies a see xXXx.

It will still do the auto-detect thing for your local language regardless. If you want to specify another language, then just create a shortcut to the launcher (right click > Create Shortcut). Now right click the shortcut and go to its properties, then in the target field just add the parameter you want at the end, so it reads something like:

"C:\Progam Files (x86)\Dreadnought\Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.exe" -culture=en

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

April 18, 2018, 8:29 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-218155) said:

BIG-Sersen#7715 posted (#post-218153) said:

It will still do the auto-detect thing for your local language regardless. If you want to specify another language, then just create a shortcut to the launcher (right click > Create Shortcut). Now right click the shortcut and go to its properties, then in the target field just add the parameter you want at the end, so it reads something like:

"C:\Progam Files (x86)\Dreadnought\Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.exe" -culture=en

With the culture=en parameter there are no more xXXx in replacing the original terminologies.

Thank you! ^_^

Forged in Apulia.

May 25, 2018, 6:39 a.m.

Seems patch v1.12.1 broke the default mode of the launcher (or rather, the game now has a check in place whether it's being launched from the official launcher).

For now you can use the launcher's cached mode to launch the game. For that you'll have to add -usecache to the launcher's launch parameters (see instructions in first post of the thread) and, since it currently cannot generate the cache file itself, you'll have to download it from here: Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.cache and place it into your %TMP% folder (yes, that's a valid path, just type it in like that). Make sure your browser doesn't rename it.

The cache will remain valid until the next server maintenance, so typically the next patch. Until then I'll hopefully have an update to the launcher for you (waiting to hear from the devs whether they blocked it intentionally though).

May 26, 2018, 9:45 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-221114) said:

Seems patch v1.12.1 broke the default mode of the launcher (or rather, the game now has a check in place whether it's being launched from the official launcher).

For now you can use the launcher's cached mode to launch the game. For that you'll have to add -usecache to the launcher's launch parameters (see instructions in first post of the thread) and, since it currently cannot generate the cache file itself, you'll have to download it from here: Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.cache and place it into your %TMP% folder (yes, that's a valid path, just type it in like that). Make sure your browser doesn't rename it.

The cache will remain valid until the next server maintenance, so typically the next patch. Until then I'll hopefully have an update to the launcher for you (waiting to hear from the devs whether they blocked it intentionally though).

A diploma will soon be needed xDD

Thanks anyway!

Forged in Apulia.

May 30, 2018, 1:35 a.m.

Server maintenance yesterday, so you'll need to re-download Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher.cache. Sorry, I didn't have time to look into updating the launcher yet.

May 30, 2018, 5:14 a.m.

After patch 1.12.1 port better change MMOGBRAIN_PORT = 8680

May 30, 2018, 5:15 a.m.

And yet, players from Russia address better to change this: YFirmamentAddress=52.5.197.236

May 30, 2018, 6:28 a.m.

Updated //
May 30, 2018, 6:28 a.m.

Hootorez#4891 posted (#post-221497) said:

After patch 1.12.1 port better change MMOGBRAIN_PORT = 8680

You sure? I'm not from Russia but from the EU and that's the port we were using up until yesterday, it now changed for us to 7680, the whole reason I updated the file again. Using the wrong port usually leads to unsuccessful matchmaking.

Hootorez#4891 posted (#post-221498) said:

And yet, players from Russia address better to change this: YFirmamentAddress=52.5.197.236

Is the 34.199.138.226 still on the block list in your country? Then yes, that's a good change for Russian players.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.