FORUMS

Connection dropping out?

Posted: //
May 15, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

Folks,

Anyone having issues with the game dropping out with a "server connection lost" message? It has been happening a lot while I am on DN, but not other games like ESO/WoT/AW, etc... Does not happen at any other time but when I am playing DN.

Thanks!
BP

May 15, 2016, 6:57 p.m.

I have not seen such disconnections myself, but, you may want to try something like TCPView this tells you what your applications are connected to, and you may see that DN has say 3 connections, and then when 1 drops, that's when the problem occurs. You may then report the broken server to support to have them review further.

It may take some time to track down to compare the known good vs the known bad, but I think that could be a method to start troubleshooting.

If you can give me more details, I can see if I can reproduce this locally. When does this happen? During a game? While logging in? In the menus? (all of the above?) What do you do to resolve the issue (if anything)? If you simply restart the game, does that work around the issue?

GL!

Manually Setup Dreadnought to work with Steam
Snib's 100% unsupported Automagic Steam Launcher App

May 16, 2016, 6:49 p.m.

Thx Root - things seem to be pretty stable so long as I log out fairly often and restart.

BP

May 16, 2016, 7:16 p.m.

BunkerPants#3169 posted (#post-34773)

Thx Root - things seem to be pretty stable so long as I log out fairly often and restart.

Iewww, that's kind of a bad work around. smile

Without knowing the code, it's a bit hard, but have a look at task manager while you play, do you see that memory consumption only goes up, and is never released? This could indicate a memory leak, and (shooting blind here) maybe when the game reaches X consumption of RAM that you see anomalies? If we know what this watermark is (by testing), you maybe at least don't have to restart as often, and you can also report the bug. smile

Either way, happy to have helped, GL sir! smile

Manually Setup Dreadnought to work with Steam
Snib's 100% unsupported Automagic Steam Launcher App

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.