FORUMS

Question about Ship Maintinence

Posted: //
Jan. 26, 2017, 3:15 a.m.

I presume that ship maintenance takes a certain amount of time to complete if you choose not to spend money, just like any other game with this mechanic. That must be why it says "pay credits to skip maintenance."

For some reason though my fleet doesn't receive maintenance after a certain period of time. It has been in maintenance for two days now. There must be something wrong here, it seems like a bug of some sort. Or are we really forced to spend credits for maintenance?

Jan. 26, 2017, 8:04 a.m.

Hi Panzervcv,

The maintenance does not complete after a certain time has passed. To complete maintenance, you need to pay the Credits fee.
The text in the dialogue box is phrased a bit misleading here. I'll let our UI guys know, if they are not already aware of this.

Good hunting!

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

May 18, 2017, 10:36 p.m.

What determines the maintenance costs?
During a match? (deaths? dmg to ship? amount of dif ships i use?)
Out of match? (Amount of ships in my fleet? Ship Tier?)

having to pay maintenance without taking damage, or deaths is audacious; not to mention when you get kicked back to Hanger with no reward or even getting to play the match and still having to pay... i cant buy anything i unlock with exp

May 19, 2017, 9:27 a.m.

Updated //
May 19, 2017, 9:28 a.m.

CommanderDread#3288 posted (#post-120894)

What determines the maintenance costs?
During a match? (deaths? dmg to ship? amount of dif ships i use?)
Out of match? (Amount of ships in my fleet? Ship Tier?)

having to pay maintenance without taking damage, or deaths is audacious; not to mention when you get kicked back to Hanger with no reward or even getting to play the match and still having to pay... i cant buy anything i unlock with exp

Losing and not scoring top 3 of the whole match, or leaving a match. The highest tier ship has the biggest impact. MasterFale created a spreadsheet with values for fleet-combinations. Rough estimate full T3 fleet (5xT3) 900 creds, full T4 1550 creds, empty slots might still get counted as a ship of the highest tier, so filling with T2s might lower it.

Recruit Engineer

May 19, 2017, 10:27 a.m.

Price is fixed for me at 900 with single or two t3 ships.

May 23, 2017, 5:04 p.m.

If all ships in the fleet are the same tier (1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 ships in the fleet, doesn't matter), the maintenance cost will be the same. With different amounts of ships at different tiers, the cost gets adjusted downward SLIGHTLY from the highest-tier ship's cost. There was a chart floating around somewhere in the forums the other day when I looked here, but I can't find it right now. Hopefully someone will show up with a link?

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

June 20, 2017, 5:34 p.m.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/63614/

Should link you to the thread, hopefully the table is still accessible.

In the immortal words of Socrates: "I drank... What?"

June 20, 2017, 5:48 p.m.

hopefully soon they will implement the BR "battle readiness" form of maintenance.. with what they are talking about there is exactly what it needs to be.. have a timer OR pay credits and the BR is just a bonus you get for flying a BR fleet.. if they are not BR you get standard rewards..

"The fewer ripples you make in life the fewer waves that can come back on you"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.