FORUMS

How can we help this game make money without feeling used?

Posted: //
Jan. 26, 2017, 11:24 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 26, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

I proposed this a few days ago to both fix what people find bad, and make money - without scrapping everything:

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/52031/

The critical part here is the monetization options appeal to everyone. First off, there's tons of customization options, and they can easily be added to. For the people who just want to buy skins, it works for them.

Most importantly, it appeals to whales. With current progression, whales - the players who dump tons of $$$ to get all the goodies - can't directly get to the stuff they want. Under my proposal, you can pay to get whatever you want with no restrictions on having to grind something else out first. This also goes for casual spenders like myself: $10 here, $10 there on GP to get the ships and modules I want.

Elite status can stay also in the way it is now: If you play a lot, it might benefit you more to buy elite and get extra rewards.

I would love to hear any arguments against my proposal. As I see it, it pleases the critics like myself, who want the elimination of tiers and a change to a sensible progression system; it includes plenty of monetization for every kind of player, especilly whales; and it is so easy to add more onto.

That's my constructive feedback.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:01 p.m.

That looks pretty solid to me- I think that, coupled with Oblivion's suggestions, there is some real potential for a good alternative system. I hope the devs will at least look into it- again I'm fine with how it is now but a lot of people aren't. Even integrating some of these types of changes could yield significant results for player satisfaction. I'm still most into the voice lines/emotes though =p

Make The Forums Great Again!

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:09 p.m.

Could always go down the mwo route and make you buy every wep and mod. Will need a revamp of primary and secondary weapons and give more options say dreds have 1 xl slot 1 large, dessys 1 large one med artys 1 xxl 1 small ect. However it means can tweak ships to suit your engagement range and a reason to have multiple of the same ship (since have to buy same ship twice if want to do so.)

Also instead of making ships have tiers have them have different slot layouts. Say 1 ship variant can have 5 officer briefings but looses a module slot. Again more reason to buy the same ship twice (also need to buy the guns, modules ects again.) If HAVE to do the tiers make ships loose module and briefings slots not give them a buff to HP and weapons As that way while they are technically weaker they still can actually kill higher tier ships they just have less utility.

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:15 p.m.

I just want to throw something into the discussion:

What if the devs do not want to chime out cosmetics every (reasonable interval here) but want to build on the game, not the progression (no World of Warcraft style + 10 ranks with the next update), how do you keep the "I got too much time and too much money, I capped after one month" players paying beyond this point?

All proposals I see are rather short time, while the progression lasts, what about long term, how do you get people to pay for the next 15 years (my guess for the planned longest lifetime of the game)?

Currently there is the maintenance that will make you get elite/buy-creds to stay in legendary with your T5s, how can you solve this in any other way?

I personally do not want to see 2k coatings I have to go through to get the one I like or stuff like that.

Recruit Engineer

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

Making coating as pre-2.0 (not per ship but account wide)

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 26, 2017, 12:27 p.m.

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-98975)

That looks pretty solid to me- I think that, coupled with Oblivion's suggestions, there is some real potential for a good alternative system. I hope the devs will at least look into it- again I'm fine with how it is now but a lot of people aren't. Even integrating some of these types of changes could yield significant results for player satisfaction. I'm still most into the voice lines/emotes though =p

I agree some good suggestions I just wanted to add if the Devs wanted to go more serious rout with the emotes that would work just as well (I.E. Salute at the end some "Ramming Speed, Crew Brace for impact!") It depends on how you want your game to "Feel" I for one can see mercenaries doing crazy funny stuff (some of the real life ones most certainly "act the fool" you have to it's a rough life.)

edit. Post after I took so long to typ this

I don't see cosmetics as preventing the game from keeping players or as short term. Games like WoW need expansions because it's more pve and more of a "world" this is combat the interest will stay as long as people are having fun with that combat. Yes eventually adding more content will be welcomed but not at this stage balancing the "core" they have now might be better time spent then throwing more on top. Cosmetics will not affect "core" game play so can be added or removed much more "dynamically".

Rule #1 There is an exception to every rule.
Rule #2 Anything is possible it is just a matter of probable.
Rule #3 See Rules 1-2.

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:24 p.m.

Freder#2825 posted (#post-98979)

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-98975)

I agree some good suggestions I just wanted to add if the Devs wanted to go more serious rout with the emotes that would work just as well (I.E. Salute at the end some "Ramming Speed, Crew Brace for impact!") It depends on how you want your game to "Feel" I for one can see mercenaries doing crazy funny stuff (some of the real life ones most certainly "act the fool" you have to it's a rough life.)

Yeah I mean you just put in a wide variety for those who want to be serious and some for those who just want to screw around- but that's also why I said that I'd get it if the devs didn't want to go "too cartooney" or anything; it is a game portraying a serious universe so it stands to reason that people would be pretty serious. I'd just love to see my captain doing the cabbage patch!

Jan. 26, 2017, 12:29 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 26, 2017, 12:31 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-98977)

All proposals I see are rather short time, while the progression lasts, what about long term, how do you get people to pay for the next 15 years (my guess for the planned longest lifetime of the game)?

Currently there is the maintenance that will make you get elite/buy-creds to stay in legendary with your T5s, how can you solve this in any other way?

That is a very good point, which is why I'm pretty sure the system won't be completely overhauled but tweaked instead. But some of these changes to the core progression mechanics being proposed could be integrated into the current system to some degree; it all depends on how far from the current model the devs are willing to deviate. But some of these options (emotes and the like) would also allow the game to pull in more money and therefore allow them to lighten up the grind a little bit, as they wouldn't need as many players to buy credits if enough are springing for voice lines (which would be relatively simple to add, anyway).

Jan. 26, 2017, 1:03 p.m.

Well I have one suggestion.

How about make awesome game from player's perspetive not marketing perspetive and then ask players for money in any way which doesn't hurt gaming experience?

Jan. 26, 2017, 1:22 p.m.

SpaceWolf#0734 posted (#post-98988)

Well I have one suggestion.

How about make awesome game from player's perspective not marketing perspective and then ask players for money in any way which doesn't hurt gaming experience?

Look how we spend our money is a player perspective and there have and are many post about mechanics balance ect. I was just trying to Help Find the Middle ground because if we do our marketing for them (focus groups/forums, Adv Word of mouth twitch You Tube Ect.) Then that is one less thing for them to worry about focus on and give them more time to work on the other issues. The point being trying to add something constructive and hopefully benefiting us all.

Rule #1 There is an exception to every rule.
Rule #2 Anything is possible it is just a matter of probable.
Rule #3 See Rules 1-2.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.