FORUMS

How can we help this game make money without feeling used?

Posted: //
Feb. 2, 2017, 7:39 p.m.

Feb. 2, 2017, 8:50 p.m.

It appears that the reason for maintenance is to stimulate spending from the players. If this were a game that you purchased it would cost $50-60 and you would be done in about 6 months or less, until the next expansion pack. This way you get to try before you buy, and the developers get to get paid by those who like the game enough to have bought it in the first place. Perhaps with this kind of income stream they could lower the costs for the cosmetic items.

Those who don't have the money, can still play, but they will have to invest more time. If they are like my kids growing up, that is something they have fairly abundantly.

Yes their are those who will fall into the poor and little time category. They would have to put up with going more slowly.

In saying this, I am an older player who mostly gets stomped by even noobs because I don't have gamer's reflexes on the keyboard. I'll be grinding away in the recruit class for a while after I have the ships for a good veterans fleet because I will still need practice with the game mechanics. I'm not trying to get to tier 5 as quickly as possible. I think the game is fun, even when I get dropped into the middle of a veterans match midway. I'll just die a lot there while I work out the strategies that are being applied by the more experienced players

Feb. 2, 2017, 9:02 p.m.

Before I spend more money, I'd like a roadmap of where the game is going.

When are modular cosmetics coming back.
When are hero ships going to be changed to something better.
What's coming in February, March, Spring, Summer.
When will ships be purchasable outright and for what price.
When might new ships be introduced.

Module xp/cr prices on t4 ships are very high. So high that it will take months to unlock even if I play only that one ship. It feels like there's incentive to only play the one ship because I need to to level it versus I think they intended people to have a fleet mentality of multiple ships they use. It's just not realistic time-wise to level up multiple ships. Or even one ship. The current tier costs are, in my opinion, a disincentive to spending money on new ships. I don't have the time.

Feb. 4, 2017, 2:53 p.m.

I won't argue with anyone about tier cost being too high, above tier 2. I really think that the problem is that the bean counters are demanding some sort of break even, or profit during a beta. Perhaps development time has dragged on too long.

F2p has to have some method of monetization so that the people creating the game make money. They like to eat too.

Right now it seems that lots of people are complaining that they can't play their desired tier 5 ship, now, and for free. Good luck with that.

So the question is, How do you get enough remuneration for your efforts (speaking of the developers) and yet provide for those who will pay little or nothing. They are required to provide matches for the fewer who will pay. Can the methods that other developers have used, work for you, or do your game dynamics require modifications?

Personally, I believe that those who are willing to foot the bill, deserve some consideration. They are likely short on time, let them progress more quickly. Those who play for free are necessary to fill out the matches and to make wait times more reasonable, so you have to spend some efforts to keep them playing and satisfied, but not at the expense of those who pay the bills. That is quite the dilemma.

Feb. 4, 2017, 5:33 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 4, 2017, 5:50 p.m.

The hangars could be monetized.

-Bases other than Sinley
-Different vistas in the background
-Places for color
-Hang banners with clan insignia / player achievements / decals
-Give the engineers colors

Feb. 5, 2017, 11:13 a.m.

How about, allowing the playerbase the capability of 'earning' these purchasable cosmetic items? via achievements, allowing them to both tout a cool looking ship or captain AND show off they're achievements, plus it would certainly help in creating a thicker playerbase alongside more maps, more content, bug fixes and so forth.

For example: Greeza ( The icey girl figurehead ) Could be acquired either by GP, or by say getting 150 kills in total on winter maps, hence it would only count whilst on various planetside winter maps.

Etc etc!

and like Ctrl above stated, Hangers could easily be monetized, perhaps 'elite' status gets you a nifty quieter more luxurious hanger? and for the F2P crowd? let them earn some various sorts of hangers to show off? say, this guy has unlocked all Tier 3 Jupiter Arms Ships, achievement get, heres a nifty 'tier 3 Jupiter Arms hanger'

Clothing wise, exactly the same, balance it so its not strictly for the P2P crowd, so the F2P crowd can earn something cool as well by playing the game, oh look yea I got that insignia on the wing of my Gravis by getting tons of assists, focus firing on whatever my team mates were shooting at. Could easily lead into promoting team play.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.